Arisen Troubles

"ya know, for winging it, you sure did great." Sans complemented his bro who groaned. "SANS! NO!"
"i couldn't just smack away a good pun like that."
"SANS THAT'S TERRIBLE!" Papyrus hissed. "what, you can't bear with me?" Sans snickered as Grillby came into his kitchen, shaking his head. "That's enough torturing your brother, Sans. You boys both did well today, even if it was a risky move. Neither of you were caught, which is great news." Sans grinned. "felt nice, protecting everyone. my instincts were happy." Papyrus glanced over. "I FIGURED THAT'S WHY YOU SHIFTED." Sans chuckled, rubbing his cervical vertebrae. "i trust ya, really i do, but you know how i get.." Papyrus did know and he didn't blame Sans for joining him in chasing of the bear. He had fun with it actually, working together with Sans. "I KNOW YOU DO, BROTHER! I WISH WE WOULD WORK TOGETHER LIKE THAT MORE OFTEN, I CAN'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME WE ROUGHHOUSED OUR SIMPLY RAN THE WOODS."
"you usually end up flying,  more than running." Sans pointed out. "WELL I CAN STRETCH MY LEGS TOO!"
"Wait, when and where are you planning this?" Grillby asked.

☢☢☢

Not all humans were like Frisk. Some, were looking for interesting and rare things to keep, that included monsters. There were people, much like slave traffickers who also trafficked monsters. And the monsters that kept going out in the woods, were definitely targets. With the added bonus of a human child that they could sell for quite a bit since they were the ambassador or whatever. They've been scoping these guys for awhile, though sometimes they swore that tiny skeleton noticed. Maybe not. For now, it was just them, few of the skeletons or that strange fire thing that they were positive was impossible to tranquilize and sell. The rest though... "I'm taken 'em out." The human lined their scope with a fish looking monster. The way she looked, she could be sold for a hefty price. They fired, the fish was hit. They quickly lined up the next shot, the skeleton. They hit him before he could figure out that they were being hunted. They took out the squat lizard next, then the goat woman. Finally targeting the child who'd run to the fallen fish. With the last shot they smirked. "Let's bag 'em and tag 'em."

☢☢☢

Grillby and the boys went to the woods, feeling that the others would no longer be here at this time. It was 7 at night, after all. Grillby brought out the toys to throw for the boys if they wanted. Sans and Papyrus were already rough housing in their true forms. Papyrus tried to gain the upper hand on Sans, claws planted firmly on his scapula while his jaw locked on Sans' muzzle. Sans rolled over, Flipping both boys on their backs so he could get free. He then proceeded to pounce on Papyrus' ribcage. Yeah, it was always a never-ending battle, that ended with one of them chasing the other around in mock anger. In this case, it was Sans chasing Papyrus. Until he caught a scent. He had it before. He'd thought that maybe they were hunters since bear hunting was soon. But the scent also intermingled with the scent of monsters. While not particularly a red flag, he had a bad feeling about it that had his JUDGE senses tingling. "Sans.. what is it?" Grillby asked as his spines rose a full 90° degrees. Sans shifted as Papyrus came to check out the scent. "i smelled this before. 's making me uneasy." Papyrus shifted as well. "I SAW HUMANS AS WELL, BUT THEY LOOKED LIKE HUNTERS, SO I FIGURED IT WAS NOTHING." Sans nodded. "Did you get a text from Undyne, Papyrus?" Grillby asked. Since Papyrus was deemed sick, Undyne often text to see how he was doing. Papyrus checked his phone. "NO.." Now Papyrus was uneasy too. "time to check it out."