Sans and Papyrus Vs Bear

It's been a week of searching for the 'beasts'. They've been lucky say the least. If they could just hold out a little longer now, the bears would be a bit less hostle and would ignore them so long as they didn't get to close. Gaster was getting increasingly frustrated at their lack of... everything. There was nothing to suggest they were ever here. No prints, no marks, no noises. Just.. nothing. "I really am starting to think they dusted of starvation.. perhaps not long after that got to Snowdin." Gaster hated to admit it outloud. "I'm sorry for dragging each one of you into this mess for nothing.."
"giving up? that's usually my job, doc." Sans mused, eyelights scanning the area. Gaster sighed. "I- I just don't know where they would be! We've covered a good portion of this forest-"
"but not all of it." Sans commented. "Sans is right! We have to stay determined!" Frisk encouraged. Sans tensed as he heard loud snapping. Everyone else did as well. Then it rose on it's hind legs, coming seemingly out of nowhere, and roared. A bear.

☢☢☢

Sans willed himself to stay in his bipedal form. Papyrus would be here soon. He was watching from somewhere. Besides, it was 10 feet away, they could defend against a bear, right? Before he could think more on it, orange/white beams shot at the creature's feet and the bear staggered,going back onto all fours. Papyrus hissed, landing in between them and the bear. Gaster's first reaction was to get his tranquilizer, but Grillby stopped him. "Not now. That bear is a threat right now and it's our way out." Gaster had to agree. With everyone's attention on the bear and the dragon, Sans slunk off. He couldn't handle not doing anything while his pack was in danger.

☢☢☢

Frisk gaped as the dragon skeleton hissed again, stepping forward. The bear roared, seeming to accept the dragon's challenge. Then something moved from the corner of their eye. Everyone watched as a wolf skeleton joined the dragon, growling at the bear. The dragon trilled and nuzzled the wolf, who huffed and jumped at the bear in a threatening manner. The dragon seemed to have forgotten about the bear for a moment. "Sans are you seeing this! Sans?" The mysterious monster was gone. Nobody seemed to have noticed. Had he taken a short cut to check on Papyrus? During this situation? It was a good distraction.. but.. it didn't seem like him at all. He was very protective if anything. They looked back to the dragon and the wolf. Sans WAS a skeleton of impossibilities. The bear tried to swat at the wolf whom ducked away. The dragon smacked the bear in the face with a wing. The bear was double guessing itself. Starting to retreat. The skeleton beasts jumped at the bear in unison, thoroughly scaring it off. Satisfied, they split and ran. Well, the wolf ran, the dragon flew into the trees. "After that wolf!"

☢☢☢

They did give chase, but the wolf was gone. Vanished. Gaster lowered the tranquilizer, panting. "Where'd it.."
"I don't know, we lost him."
"at least we know they are still alive." They all turned to the unwinded Sans. "Where the hell have you been!?" Undyne roared. Seemed Frisk wasn't the only one to notice after all. Sans pointed upward. "up a tree. i can't fight. i've only got one hp, remember?" Sans reasoned. Frisk didn't buy it. They knew better. "Oh right.." The atmosphere grew uncomfortable while Gaster looked curious. "You only have one hp? That's interesting."
"It's sad, Dr. Gaster." Toriel chided. "Surely you know what hp is?" Gaster scoffed. "I am well aware. I'm just curious as to how it got so low- where are you going?" Sans was walking away. "home. i need to check on pap."
"S-Sans never talks a-about his past. We c-can only a-assume why." Alphys murmured. As Sans' oldest friend, she knew better than to push it. She'd tried, but Sans was.. yeah, she didn't try again after that. It was one of the few times she'd ever felt threatened by the lazy skeleton.