Box Full of Toys

They walked through the gate, Papyrus and Grillby having to duck under to get in. Sans put down an empty box he'd been carrying. "grab what ya want, bud." Papyrus looked up, and with little effort, shifted to his true form. He stretched all his limbs out, first going into a downward dog, than stretching forward, than finally stretched out his wings, flapping his wings and taking to the rafters to find his rubber bone. While he did that, Sans walked around grabbing other toys that he and Papyrus had had fun with. "Isn't there cameras?" Grillby asked as he picked up a shredded shirt. "i took care of it. we're good." Grillby dropped the shirt. "Of course you did." The squeaking began. "he found it." The monsters looked to the youngest as he flew down, squeaking the bone. His orange eyes lit up with excitement. He was very happy to have the toy back. "anything else bud?" He changed back, gripping the toy in his teeth. He took it out of his mouth, squeaking it in his hands. "NOT FOR ME."
"i have the ball, the kong, the squeak plush, the crinkle plush, etc." Sans finished.

☢☢☢

The three entered Grillby's home. This is where the box would stay safe. Not found by their companions as only the boys have been in Grillby's home. "Where do you want these?" The boys thought on it. "A CLOSET?"
"the closet in your room. nobody would think to look in there. especially the creator." Grillby sighed. Sans was really stressed about Gaster's return. "I'M GOING TO REACQUAINT MYSELF WITH MY BONE, I'LL BE IN YOUR ROOM IF YOU NEED ME." Papyrus walked off with the toy in hand. Sans phone started ringing. "ello?" Sans tensed, closing his sockets. "sure. yeah, you do know it's spring, right?" Grillby didn't get the relevance of that question. "alright, see you tomorrow." He hung up. "hey pap, i need ya!" The dragonic skeleton padded over, giving a questioning trill. "i'm going with the others to ebbot forest tomorrow." Papyrus changed once more into his hidden form. "BUT IT'S SPRING!"
"I.. don't understand. Why is spring a bad thing." The boys looked at Grillby. "Bears." They said in unison. Grillby had that 'oh right' face. "pap, i got a job for ya."

☢☢☢

Papyrus agreed to Sans immediately. Still, after Papyrus went to relieve stress through his toy, Sans had no such luxury. At least, none that he was willing to show. He was to tense. "Relax Sans, it's ok."
"he's putting my pack in danger.."
"You're creator is new to the surface and I'm sure the others are aware of the bears." Sans groaned. "i know that they can handle themselves but my instincts.."
"I know." Grillby replied. "We need to get your mind off it, at least for now." He looked at Grillby. "how do you plan to do that, grillbz?" Sans didn't see how Grillby could distract him from his own protective instinct. Grillby had just the thing though. He reached into the box and pulled out a ball. "You talked about this alot when you were a pup." Sans stared wearily at the ball. "that was years ago. a ball can't distract me."
"Mmhm." Grillby really didn't believe the wolf skeleton. He waved the ball around, Sans eyelights tracked the the round object. "i see what you're doing. you're using a stronger instinct to drown out my protective instinct."
"Is that what I'm doing?" Grillby asked innocently. "I wasn't aware." He chucked the ball, Sans shifted into his true form, darting off after it. Grillby chuckled. "There we go."

☢☢☢

Night after night, Grillby fed the new creatures. He wasn't sure why, but he felt he needed to help them. Three months later, they started bond. They got used to him, even started eating out of his hands. They grew playful with him. He would throw snowballs for them to catch. The wolf seemed a lot more interested then the dragon. Grillby assumed it was some sort of hunter's instinct. They grew ever closer to Grillby. He leaned against the wolf while petting the muzzle of the dragon. "I suppose you boys need names." 1-S and 2-P both perked. "For you, I was thinking Comic Sans." 1-S', Sans', tail wagged. He loved that much more than 1-S. "And for you, Papyrus." Papyrus cooed, nuzzling deeper into Grillby.