Chapt. 10

Bradley's P.O.V

        "You need to hang up and call the police" I spoke loudly as I put my clothes on.  She pleaded, "No, No" but that wasn't going to work for me. Once we got off the phone I was going to call. I heard a loud noise and that's when my stomach tied into knots, I knew something was really going wrong especially when she screamed out and the call stopped. 

        "Mia" I yelled, hoping that it had just gotten quiet. How was I going to get to her? It takes about an hour to drive, what if he kills her by then?  I looked around the room and saw my roommate's keys. He was in the shower at the time so I had no time to explain. As I ran down the hall, I dialed 911 and explained everything that had happened. The responder on the end of the phone was very worried and said they were dispatching police and ambulance right away. 

        Since I'm at an academy, we are not suppose to leave the premise after 7 PM and it was way after that. The door to get out was guarded by security,"Sir, you can't leave, go back to your room." 

        He stood tall and broad at the gate and I warned him to move but he refused so I had no other choice but to punch him out. Running as fast as I could to the parking lot,  I found Charlie's old Honda and immediately hopped in, started it up, and sped down the road. So many things rushed through my head. This type of rush, these knots in my stomach, the verge of having a breakdown, these things and types of emotions were all the same things that I went through when I got the news about Tara. I swore that I would never let someone else get hurt, but look what I've done. I should have never let her stay with him, I should have trusted my gut on this and made sure she got away from him. The entire way there, I thought of what I should do, especially if for some reason Alex were to be there. Anger was also flowing through me when the reality of him hurting her became clear to me, making me push the gas even more.

        In less than an hour, I arrived at the hospital closest to where she lives. I parked my car in a space close to the door, not caring if they towed me. Running in, I kept my pace until I reached the front desk. I quickly spoke Mia's first and last name and waited for her to tell me what room she was in. The older woman dressed in a bright navy suit looked up at me with sad eyes and my stomach dropped. 

        "We don't have anyone under that name, sir."

        A little part of me felt relieved, only because I thought the woman was going to tell me that she had died. 

        "Can you check near by hospitals? Please, I need to know where she is, I have to be there with her." I spoke frantically as I started to panic

        She found Mia's location. After thanking her, I ran out and got into my car and drove as fast as hell while listening to the GPS on my phone. It didn't really dawn on me until I was close to the hospital. why would they take her to that hospital over the one she lives closest to? An even larger flush of worry overcame me as it registered that her injuries must be worse than I thought if they took her there. 

        I finally got there and I did the same as before; parked and then ran. This time, the front desk said that she was here but had worse look of worry.

        "What room, I need to see her" 

        They asked if I was family; I said no. they told me I would have to wait; I said no.

        "I'm not waiting. I'm all that she has!" 

        "Sir," a nurse said, "if you're not family, you can't go back" 

        I rolled my eyes and went past the nurse. I ignored her telling me that I couldn't go back. I ran down the halls frantically, looking in every room,calling out her name each time. My throat began to swell as I kept running, I felt like I was in a nightmare where I was lost yet could hear her voice yelling for help. Room after room, there was no Mia. I needed to find her, I needed to see that she was okay, I just needed to see her. A doctor grabbed my arm, asking me what I was doing. I told him Mia's name and he looked like he knew her once I said her name.