Chapt. 3

I woke up and walked to the bathroom. As looked into the mirror, I saw the smeared dark makeup under my eyes. Hopping into the shower, I washed the makeup off my face, the hairspray out of my hair, and washed the rest of my body with soap on a luffa.

while I was drying myself off, I heard my phone beep. I picked it up and Alex was calling me.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe. Listen about last night, I probably said some things, but that still doesn't make it ok that you didn't stay with me last night. I want you to come over."

I rolled my eyes, he is ridiculous, "Ok. I can only stay a little, I have to pick some things up from work."

I heard the phone click off and i looked at my phone, he hung up on me. He must be busy. I changed into worn out skinny jeans and a light pink sweater that was a little baggy but slim fitting for a sweater. I love sweaters, they are like sweatpants to me.

I put on my brown boots and tied my hair in a high ponytail and grabbed my black leather purse and walked to Alex's. As I walked down the street, the cold air I breathed in hurt my throat, but at the same time, it was very refreshing.

Suddenly, someone was by side and a familiar husky voice rang through my ears, "Hey there stranger."

Being startled, I jumped slightly and looked up fast. Those familiar brown eyes eased my tensed state, I laughed, "Geeze, you gave me heart attack, Bradley."

"Oh, sorry." He said but at the same time he was chuckling, "No, you're not." I replied as I gave him the evil eye but I couldn't help myself from laughing.

"Really, I didn't mean it." I looked up at his face and it was more serious than before but he was trying to hide a smile. "I can see you trying to hold back that grin!" I said as I pointed my finger up at him. He was so much taller than me. Alex is tall, but Bradley has to be at least four inches taller than him, making him about 6'5.

He bursted out laughing and his deep laugh caused my stomach to have butterflies....how is he making me feel that way?

"I'm sorry but when I scared you, you're face was priceless!" I shook my head and turned to walk towards Alex's house.

Bradely and I were still laughing a little and while doing that I hadn't noticed Alex sitting on his concrete steps that led up to his porch.

"I thought you were in a hury." I froze and fear grew inside of me. Did he think something was going on between me and Bradley? Because there isn't.

"I came right over after we talked on the phone." I replied as I looked into Alex's eyes. "I was on my way back after my run and I saw her walking by herself, I thought I'd walk back with her."

Alex's stern expression didn't budge, and I could tell Bradley was tense and on-gaurd.

Alex broke out with laughter and pointed at both of us, "guys did you really think I was upset. I'm just joking." He walked over to me and grabbed the back of my head and slammed mouth onto mine.

He made the harsh kiss shorter than usual, which I was grateful for. I don't like kissing in front of people. He wrapped his arms around both of us and started walking towards his house, which pulled us forward and we both started walking with him. "You're my best friend, bro, I know that you would never think of my girl that way."

Bradley did not speak any words, he just gave Alex a half smile. We walked the house and Alex asked me to make some pancakes. I didn't really want to cook, but I walked into the kitchen and started making the batter. After I cooked the pancakes, I called the boys into the kitchen. Quickly, they ran in and grabbed 5 pancakes each, leaving me two, which was ok because that is usually the amount that I normally eat.