Chapt. 13

1 Week Later...

Bradley's P.O.V.

I awoke from a deep sleep from cries from the other room. My feet hit the floor and my heart was beating fast. Running down the hall, I searched for Mia's room. Without the light, I managed to stub my toe on a few things in the hall before I found her room. 

Flinging the door open, I looked to the left to see Mia flinging her arms around and crying. 

"Mia" I called out as I reached to jiggle her shoulder. "Mia, wake up", I called again. 

She finally opened her eyes and breathed in a sharp breath. Her eyes were filled with tears and fears, and her face was full with worry. 

I sat on the side of her bed as she sat up. The beams of moonlight from the window softly hit her face and I saw a tear fall from her eye.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" she spoke quietly. 

Softly, I lifted my hand and wiped the tear. "Don't apologize. It's alright."

"That was the worst nightmare yet.  The person broke through the door and pushed me around, hit me, and I fell down the steps this time. It was horrible. I just don't feel safe." 

She has been having these flashbacks since she has been here. Every night she starts to remember more but she hasn't remember that it was Alex that was "person". 

Her eyes were laced with so many emotions and her body was frail and insecure. It took all of me not to wrap my arms around her and rock her back to sleep.

"You need your sleep. Try not to think about." 

She looked up at me with those beautiful blue eyes and nodded her head, "I'll try". She still looked so scared and I could tell in her voice that she wasn't going to try because she already knew she wasn't going to be able to sleep.

"Goodnight, Bradley." She spoke softly before scooting down into her bed.

I walked back into the hall and to my bedroom and grabbed my pillow and a blanket. Once I got to Mia's door, I softly knocked. 

She sat up in her bed again and this time she looked confused, "What's wrong?" She asked. 

I laid my pillow down beside her bed and made myself comfortable on the old wood floor before covering myself with my blanket. 

"Bradley, no, you do not need to sleep on the floor! I will be fine. Please, go back to your own bed" She said as she hung over the bed looking at me, her long blonde hair hanging over the side, almost touching my face.

"Nope, I'm staying here. You'll feel safer with me here."

"So stubborn, I swear." She spoke as she rolled onto her back and I could tell that she was rolling her eyes at me with a smirk.

"I told you, once I make up my mind there's no changing it." 

She sighed, knowing there was no way to get me out of this room. 

After a few minutes passed, I heard her whisper, "Thank you for staying." 

I loved hearing her say things like that because I know that she means what she says. I wanted to do more for her but I didn't want to overstep.

"You probably won't be saying that once you hear me snore."

She chuckled, "I hear you down the hall, I've learned to sleep through it." 

I laughed with her before the room went silent and the room dark because the moon started to be covered with clouds. 

......