Chapt. 9

*Sorry for any mistakes, I didn't edit it! Hope you all enjoy!*

2 weeks later. 

As I walked through the CVS after work, I searched for a pregnancy test. These past couple of weeks, I've still been throwing up some, I still haven't had my period and experiencing non-stop nausea. I kept looking over my shoulder to see if anyone I knew was in the store. Once I found where they were located, I had to pick which brand I wanted. On each box, it was put in bold print, 'Best Pregnancy Test' , or '99% accuracy'. I decided to buy 4 different boxes. Yes, it was excessive but I needed an accurate result. 

Anxiety washed over my body as I walked towards the counter. I layed the boxes out for the older cashier and she gave me a smile, "Sweetie, don't be nervous. being a mother is a wonderful blessing. I have five children of my own and my tenth grandchild was born last week." 

As much as I wanted to go on a rant about how I never wanted to be in this situation, I saw in her eyes how genuinely excited she was for me. "thank you, and congratulations," I quietly congratulated as I handed her the money.

she put the money in the register, placed the receipt in the bag, then handed the bag over to me, "Honey, if you ever need to talk, I'm here every week, Monday through Friday, from 10- 5 . Good luck sweetie." 

Tears filled my eyes, "Thank you. Thank you so much"

I grabbed the bag and walked out of the CVS. That kind of support is not the support I'm used to. I wish I had more support from my parents but that is a lost cause. Before getting into my car, I put the boxes into my large purse so I could throw the CVS bag away, along with the receipt. I needed to make sure that as much evidence was gone as possible, I don't want Alex to know right now.

Getting into the car and driving away, I drove all the way home. Anxiety rushing throughout my body, I quickly made my way inside, locked the door, and ran to the bathroom. Impatiently, I ripped the box open and grabbed the stick thing out and peed on it. I hope that's what I was suppose to do, I mean, that's at least what they do in the movies. 

When I got enough pee on the end, I watched for the instant indicator to register. What the brand called 'instant' was not what I considered to be 'instant', but finally, after three minutes or so, it finally gave me the result. Positive. 

Thinking that it may have given me a false positive, I took the other three tests. Each one was positive. Tears rolled down my face and the reality of the situation caused me to fear the consequences. Most woman would be ecstatic right now, nervous and maybe shocked, but thrilled to be having a baby. They would probably share it with their boyfriends, or husbands, and their guys would probably feel the same as the woman; shocked but thrilled. 

I'm in the minority that feel like their boyfriends will harm me or even worse, the baby when they hear the news. My first thought was to run, but to where? He would probably find me anyway, and where would I work to support the child. 

An abortion wasn't an option, I knew I would never be able to go through with that. As I sat on the side of the bathtub, I heard a voice, "Mia," there was a pause before he continued, "I'm really hungry" 

I quickly hid the boxes and tests before walking into the hall. I knew that my eyes were probably watery so I had to hide it. On the small table which I had in the hallway, I jiggled it and yelled, "ouch!! My toe!" I faked it as I limped down the stairs. 

Alex was looking at me strangely, "What did you do now?" He asked as he walked over to me, cupping my face. 

I looked up into his blue eyes with my watery eyes, "stubbed my toe on that stupid table upstairs."