Chapt. 8

Gently getting out of bed, I slid out and headed to the bathroom. Turning on the hot water, I hopped in the shower and let the water run over my body. The events of last night flooded through my head. I kept trying to think of all the things I don't like about Bradley but I kept drawing a blank. 

Turning the shower off, I stepped out and toweled myself off. I looked up and my reflection was on the mirror. The girl that I saw was different than before. She looked guilty, scared, and unhappy.

Tears slipped down the side of my face as I thought of what I had become. I'm in an abusive relationship, I kissed another man, and now that man is going to be gone for a while. I ran my fingers through my wet hair, all of this is so confusing. 

I changed into washed out jeans and a thin sweatshirt and walked out into the bedroom. Alex had his head under the pillow moaning, hangovers are bitches--just another reason why I don't drink. 

I sat on the side of the bed and spoke quietly, "Hey, Bradley is leaving soon, do you think your gonna be able to go and say goodbye?" 

He groaned, "Yeah, I guess. can you make me coffee?" He asked and I stood up, making my way down stairs. Putting the coffee grinds in the coffee machine, I got everything set up before I pushed the start button to make the coffee. In a matter of minutes, the coffee was done and I alerted Alex. 

I heard the door open and saw Bradley's beautiful face. "Hey" He said and his raspy, rugged voice sent shivers down my spine. 

"hey" I spoke, "You all ready to go?" 

He shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah, I guess" 

"So this training camp sounds pretty legit, you know, official"

A half smile appeared on his face, "You could say that" He grinned and laughed a little.

"I have a favor to ask" He inquired and came a little closer to me. Half of me wanted him to wrap me in a hug and kiss my lips, the other half of me wanted to rip his clothes off. Quickly, I pushed the dirty thoughts away and listened to his question. 

"My truck wouldn't start so I looked under the hood and it needs a new converter and usually I would fix it but I just don't have time today.Anyway, do you think you could take me today? I'll pay for the gas and-" 

I stopped him before he could go on, "Yes, I will take you. And you're not going to pay for the gas, this is what friends do." 

"Friends, huh?" He asked, raising that sexy eyebrow of his as he sat down, leaning on the counter top showing off his biceps. 

"Yes, friends" I replied and I could see him roll his eyes.

We both turned when we saw Alex shuffle in. He grabbed his coffee and drank it quickly, "Dude" He said quietly,"I'm gonna miss you man" He said and gave Bradley a bro hug.

"I'll miss you too, brother" 

It was sad, but it was kind of cute. neither of them had brothers growing up until they became friends. As much Bradley gets upset with Alex, I knew that he loved him as a brother.

After their sentimental moment, Alex sat down and asked for more coffee. I poured his cup and could tell he was really feeling bad. "I'm going to drop Bradley off, so while I'm doing that you could sleep this hangover off."

He just gave us a look of suspicion. "Okay, well, hurry back" 

He gave us a smile, said his goodbye, and gave me a dominant look before going back upstairs. 

"We need to head out" He said and I followed him, grabbing my purse on the way out. His backpack and another bag was sitting at the back of my car.