1x01 - Pilot

Rowen's leg hurt like hell. It was covered in dried scarlet colored blood, and it was bruised and torn. With nothing to take away the pain, Rowen's tribulation was only beginning.
    Along with the indescribable pain, Rowen was being tormented by guilt and grief. She longed for her family. If only she had sent that stupid text message that informed her mother where she was, like Ava had told her to. The girl let out an audible sigh, and dragged herself towards the nearest stone. She leaned up against it and rebandaged her wounds.
    The only thing better than having an ex-assasin for a mother, was having a mother who was not only a clone from the future, but a very organized one. Ava had taught Rowen everything she needed to know. Several languages (with the help of Sara), self-defense moves, and healing remedies.
    Between the two of them, Rowen learned several valuable things. She knew English, Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Chinese, and Italian (give or take). She knew both self-defense moves, and martial arts (which included knives and swords). She knew simple healing techniques, how to show leadership skills, and get along with others. She had learned how to hunt, despite being terrible at it, and how to find fresh water sources.
    Bonus, she was excellent at math and knew how to pilot a time-ship (learned that on her own against her mothers' wills). She could get through this, and survive long enough for her family to find her. After all, her parents had to find her. They were the freakin Lance-Sharpes!

    Rowen began to give up hope that anyone was going to find her after three days completely alone. The thirteen year old had managed to survive long enough on non-poisonous berries and some nuts, but she was having trouble finding any other food.
    The girl had decided to stay near a running stream that joined up with a river further up. She hadn't seen another living soul, and had no idea where she was. Or when. She had made up a list of possible theories to what could have happened, based on a single memory.
    She was walking with Violet. She was crossing the road when suddenly the concrete began to tremble. A semi-haul towered above her, and she ran back towards her friend in a desperate attempt to avoid it. The driver was clearly distracted, staring down at his phone. After all, he hadn't expected anyone else to be on this road.
    The driver glanced upward and barely avoided hitting Rowen. He skidded around her, but the tank the truck was hauling came loose. It came screeching towards the two girls, so Rowen thrusted her arms as hard as she could and knocked Violet out of the way.
    Suddenly a bright light and a blur of black and brown made Rowen stumble backwards into some sort of portal thing. Her leg however, didn't make it out in time, and was damaged by the tank.
    Suddenly she tumbled into a bush, in a quiet forest. She sat up and glanced around, blinking. Where was she?
    It didn't matter. She had survived, and whoever rescued her, was nowhere to be found. Her leg hurt, and now that her adreliane rush was gone, she was able to expierence the pain first-hand.
    Gritting her teeth, Rowen ripped a piece of fabric off her sweater and wrapped it around her torn up leg.

    Saved by a time-traveler? Or maybe someone who just wanted to make her look dead so they could kidnap her? Or maybe a legend saved her? There were millions of possibilities, but she couldn't seem to wrap her head around one.
    To be fair, it was all quite surreal. One moment she had been walking with her crush-friend-thing, and the next, she was nearly killed by a giant silver object. Heck, that was supposed to be her special day! She was finally a teenager.
    Guilt once again clawed at Rowen's insides, and she grunted, ignoring the self-doubt and hatred that was beginning to bubble to the surface. Like Sara, Rowen had always been a defiant girl. It got her in trouble- a lot. However, it also helped her learn many different lessons too.
    Maybe this was just another one. She'd get out of here eventually, why not enjoy the journey at the same time?
    As soon as she thought those words, a laugh escaped her mouth. It was louder then she would have liked, but heck, clearly no one else was out here. Who cared?
    Rowen stared down at the rippling stream, which trickled through a cluster of stones. She could see a few small fish, maybe trout, fighting against the current as they attempted to travel upstream. Rowen pulled off her socks and sneakers, and dipped her feet into the cold water. It felt nice, and eventually Rowen mustered the strength to drag the rest of her leg in.
    It was the first nice thing she felt in a long time. The cold water seemed to calm the heat and pain that was taking over her limb, and Rowen knew it was mainly because the water was numbing it. She didn't mind. Even when it began to get a little too cold and she got goosebumps, it was still worth it.
    In the forest, which was mostly empty, it appeared to be early spring. The air was still cool, but also quite warm. The weather was unpredictable, yes, but spring was also decent. It was never unbearably hot or cold. She preferred fall, but at least it wasn't winter.
    And then she heard it. A low, quiet tweet. It whistled so softly, so gently, that to Rowen it sounded like a lullaby. Rowen lifted her gaze from the icy water, to the branches of a nearby tree.
    "Hey little bird. What are you doing out here all alone?" Rowen asked in a sing-songy voice, trying to match the tone that the feathered creature was portraying. The bird, a magpie, inclined it's beak downwards to study the girl. Then it responded in a high-pitched tune, another little song which felt like music to Rowen's ears.
    And suddenly Rowen was singing. She didn't know why, but she was. "Little bird, won't you stay. I know you can fly away~" She sang. "With wings of beauty in skies of gray. Little bird, please do stay."
    Rowen remembered it. Sara, her mother had sung it to her several times. Whenever she was sad, or hurt, or lost. She remembered it fondly. She remembered the time she had been chasing Fred, their cat, and accidentally knocked down the Christmas tree. She remembered crying for hours, feeling like it was all her fault.
    She remembered Sara taking her into her arms and singing it so softly and delicately, and Ava joining in. She remembered them dancing together in the living room, Rowen's feet on Ava's, as she followed her mother's footsteps.
    She missed them. She missed her partner in crime, her best friend, her little sister; Dani. She missed Fred, who only had one eye, but was absolutely perfect. She missed Olympia too, who was still a toddler.
    And suddenly Rowen was crying. It was quiet, but tears still streamed down her cheeks. Rowen knew she should be starting a fire, preparing shelter, doing something. But she felt so lost, so helpless... so alone.   
    Through Rowen's blurry version, which was the result of her tears, she could make out the form of the magpie. It twitched it's tail once, spread it's wings, and lifted off.
    As the bird flew off, Rowen sank deeper into a pit of despair.