Chapter 4

Maleficent's P.O.V.

"What do you mean?" Gandalf asks. "My weakness are my loved ones. He'll kill Diaval, Connal, Aurora, Elrond, Arwen, Elladan, Elrohir, Philip and my unborn grandchild." I said softly with a few tears falling. I felt Gandalf's hand on mine.

"Azog won't go after your family. I'll make sure of it." He said and I smile sadly. He leaves the room and I sit in my chair in thought. Soon a knock was heard. "Come in." I said loud enough for them to hear. "Maleficent, you left your staff." Oin said and I turn to him not realizing my eyes looked puffy.

"Are you all right?" Kili asks. "A little master Kili." I said and they put my staff near my bed. They all sit down somewhere. "What's wrong, you can tell us." Oin said and I smile at him. I get up and walk to ward a window. I know they are watching me. "You know how I said I fell in love with Azog?" I ask and I know they nodded.

"He knows everything about me. My powers, my loved ones, my strengths and weaknesses. If he finds me he'll kill my loved ones and everyone im friends with." I said. "But Azog is dead." Balin said. I turn towards them and shook my head. "No, he's alive. He survived his wounds that Thorin gave him. He'll show himself when the time is right." I said and they looked alarmed.

"How, do you know?" Bofur asks. "Ten years ago, I was heading to my home when orcs came out of nowhere. Azog was with them and he threatened me. He said if I didn't come home to him he would kill my loved ones. I fought back and he gave me this." I said and lifted my sleeve showing them my scar.

They all step forward to get a better look and cringed at it. "Should we tell Thorin?" Fili asks me. "No, he's not gonna believe you. He has to see Azog for himself." I said and they nod. "I'm not a good secret keeper." Kili admitted. "If you are about to spill be sure to be next to your brother or the others." I said.

I look at each and every single one of them but stopped at Dwalin. I gasp and he does the same. "Brother? Maleficent?" Balin and the others ask. I snap out of my trance and smile at Dwalin who nods at me.