Chapter 5

^^^^^Silver Bullet- Maleficent's horse(a shire horse)^^^^^

Maleficent's P.O.V

Aurora was standing in front of while Diaval, Connal and Philip were getting the horses ready. "Do you have to go?" I ask sadly and Aurora looks at me sadly. "Yes, mother. We told our people that we'd be gone for a month and we have to go home." Aurora said and I smile at her. "Please just be safe. I don't want anything to happen to you while you are pregnant." I said and she hugs me. "We'll be okay." Aurora said and I kiss her cheek. "I love you baby." I said. "I love you too mother." Aurora said getting on her horse with help from Philip.

I stop next to Diaval and Connal. "Take care of daughter." I said and they look at me. "We will. We'll protect her. Forever and always." They say the last part together. I get on Silver Bullet my horse who is a Shire horse breed. Silver bullet is taller than any other horse. I walk with my family to the border of Rivendell and watch them ride off. I direct Silver Bullet back to Rivendell. When I arrived I take Silver bullet to the grass area just for him.

I didn't realize that the dwarves were watching from a distance except Oin who came to me. "Maleficent?" Oin said and I turn towards him. "Yes, Oin." I said gently. "Are you okay?" He asks and I shake my head. I slap Silver Bullet's behind to make him run off to Lassie my other horse who was a Clydesdale they were mates and Lassie was going to have a baby soon.

"Oin I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm just worried for the last family I have left. They showed me kindness that no one has ever shown me. My parents either died or abandoned me when I was young. I know Elrond and his family took me in and showed me family love but I don't belong with them. I belong with Aurora, Connal, Philip and..........Diaval. They helped me see past my evil ways. Yes Oin I was evil at one point." I said and Oin hugs me.

"You aren't alone. Some of us dwarves have lost family members. Thorin has lost his brother, father and grandfather. Dwalin and Balin have lost their parents. We all have lost someone. But they aren't ever gone. They are in here." Oin said and put his hand over his heart. I smile at him and kiss his head. "Thank you for talking to me Oin. I guess that I was so focused on what was going to happen to my family. I didn't realize I was overthinking." I said

Lassie and Silver Bullet come over to me nudge me. I summon two apples and give them to my horses. "They are really beautiful." Oin said and I turn to him. "They are aren't they. This is Silver Bullet he's a Shire horse breed. And this lovely girl here is Lassie. She's a Clydesdale horse breed and a pregnant one too. If she'll let you. You can put your hand to her stomach and feel her baby kicking." I said and he looks to me. "Really." He said and I nod leading him over to Lassie.

"Hey, Lassie. Hey girl how are you feeling?" I ask softly and she neighs at me basically saying she's okay. "Oh that's lovely. Do you mind if my friend Oin feels your stomach?" I ask and she neighs again and walks towards Oin who looked frozen. She kneels down and lays down for Oin to pet her. "Oh my god I feel it." He said in amazement. Lassie gets up and walks over to Silver Bullet who was watching. "Wasn't it amazing?" I ask and he can only nod. "Oin are you alright?" I ask and he doesn't respond.

I pick him up and go to where the dwarves are staying. They turn to me and look at Oin who was on my shoulder. "I don't know what happened. But I think I broke him." I said gently laying him down. They crowd around him and start patting his face. I quietly slip out of the room back to my horses. They run up to me and nudge me. I laugh and pet their heads.

Soon I saw something wet go down Lassie leg. "ELROND!! LINDIR!!!" I yell and they appear and I point towards Lassie. "Lindir go get the twins." Elrond orders and he nods before leaving. I lead Silver Bullet away but he kept trying to walk back to Lassie. "Silver Bullet. Lassie is going to give birth soon and she needs the space." I order and he stops. He goes to where I kept trying to put him.

Lindir comes back with the twin sister elves who are the horses doctors. Lobelia and Laeanna. They go over to Lassie and check over Lassie before looking at Elrond, myself and Lindir. "She's in labor. We could be here for several hours. We need blankets, water and possible food." Lobelia said and Elrond has a servant go get the things we need.

-------------------------------

Lobelia & Laeanna

-------------------------------
The Shire is a British breed of draught horse. It is usually black, bay, or grey. It is a tall breed, and Shires have at various times held world records both for the largest horse and for the tallest horse. Wikipedia
Origin: England
Weight: >: stallions 900-1100 kg; geldings 850-1100 kg;
Use: draught, show
Colour: bay, black, brown or grey
Distinguishing features: large size; draught conformation; feathered legs
Lifespan: 28 years horseracingsense.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Clydesdale is a Scottish breed of draught horse. It is named for its area of origin, the Clydesdale or valley of the River Clyde, much of which is within the county of Lanarkshire. Wikipedia
Height: : 167-183 cm:454; Male: 172 cm; Female: 162 cm;
Weight: : 700-1000 kg:454; Male: 850 kg; Female: 750 kg;
Gestation period: 11 months seaworld.org
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------