Chapter 1: Who is the Cat?

~One month earlier~
{Ba-bum Ba-bum Ba-bum}
The sound of my heart beat in my ears. 'This is it'
I thought to myself.
'The reason why I am here, the purpose of my life, the payoff of a lifetime. It all comes down to this moment. Time to show them what you are made of!'
I flashed open my eyes, unleashed a battle roar and charged into the course.
I pelted through the forest, dodging the obstacles thrown at me.
"Ha! Is that all you got?" I yelled out, viciously tearing apart the training dummy in front of me. I flipped over the booby trap that appeared out from under me and continued running. Round one was a sinch.
'So far so good'
I thought to myself.
'Have to keep my guard up though!'
I could sense my opponents catching up as I zig-zagged between the trees, trying to loose them.
Thinking quickly, I climbed up a tree, got to the lowest branch, and backflipped off, landing on my first opponent, sending his whole body crashing to the ground. I jumped off and pelted off flipping from side to side.
I could sense one of them catching up, so I slide to the side and side kicked him, the blow landing a perfect hit to his face and he went down.
I then rounded a big boulder where I found two opponents waiting for me. Before they could even charge forward, I knocked them down with a lunge, banging their heads together and ran off.
I looked behind me and saw three more following me. I kept running until I found what I was looking for. Rounding a corner, I almost triggered a trap. Smiling, I hid behind a bush. I looked through to see the three trying to find me.
"Where did she go?" One of them asked. "I don't know but- AHH!"
One of them triggered the trap and all three were caught in super thick vines. I laughed out loud and continued on.
I made my way into the clearing, knowing the next challenge was here and got into a fighting stance.
My opponents surrounded me, and I could get a good look at them now. There were at least ten of them. They were waiting for something to happen, and I felt slightly uneasy.
Something is going to happen.
Suddenly, I reeled back, hissing. Something was blinding me!
I snarled, but then calmed myself.
This was obviously a test of blindness. I pricked my ears toward any sounds, and sure enough, I could hear them getting closer. I moved my head to the side and leaped forward, catching one of them off guard.
I then lashed out all around me, swiping mostly air, but ended up landing a few blows. I tried shaking my head to clear my vision of the sand.
While I was doing that, I was knocked over.
'Stupid! Why did I do that?'
I thought to myself. I lashed out with my legs and made impact. I finally got to my feet and the dust cleared. All my opponents were down.
Round two was over.
I smiled triumphantly, but I had a feeling I wasn't done. This was easy. Too easy. Suddenly, a big monster charged out and almost knocked me down.
I hissed, leaping back and cartwheeling away. I then jumped side to side to confuse it and then to land a blow. It turned its head and anticipated my strike, catching my paw and tossing me aside. I landed with a thud.
Drat! I needed to do better!
I ran at it again, but this time instead of attacking its head, I slid underneath it and jump on its back. I let out a startled screech when I went right through it! The beast turned and swatted, luckily I was able to move out of the way in time. It's big paw landed on the ground where I originally was, but curiously, no dust moved moved from the contact.
Wait. That's it!
I turned back toward the beast and sat down. The beast charged but I didn't move. I looked straight into its eyes. The beast charged, and went right through me. I heard it stop before all went silent. I turned back and the beast was gone. The beast was a hallucination, caused by the dust that had blinded me in round 2. The only way it could hurt me is if I let it. By standing my ground and facing my opponent with courage, it became harmless. I stood up and walked out of the empty plain.
I did it.
I had won the battle.
But did I pass?
The one assessing me came forth out of seemingly nowhere and stood in front of me.
"Felicia Catus" She addressed me.
"You have passed. You are now officially one of us."

(Third person point of view)
Felicia could not believe her ears.
She had done it!
She wanted to yowl out of joy, but she held it in and bowed to her instructor. "Thank you" she said.
The instructor nodded and walked off.
Felicia sighed in relief and turned into her hybrid from and left to find her parents, who were waiting to congratulate her.
Felicia was no normal person. She was a talented and gifted were-cat, and both her parents knew it.
Felicia Eco Catus had just passed her right of passage passed down from generations of her kind and is now accepted as a mature cat, and no longer a cub.
She was proud to be hailed from the planet Carnivora, and be truly one of her kind, who called themselves the Felidea.
Here, everyone lived in peace with every type of cat species family, which mostly consisted of hybrids.
Felicia's father, Hǔ Rabbi, was half Siberian Tiger and Cheetah, a Tietah, and her mother, Pantera Hi'um̐ cituvā, was half Panther and Snow leopard, a Snow Leother.
Felicia was no exception, her fur was both half tiger and half panther, with cheetah paws and snow leopard tail. Not only that though, she was special even among her own kind. She was born with the rare gift.
The gift of species change.
She had the ability to change her type of cat when she shifted.
But there was something even more special than that, which she kept hidden from everyone, even her parents.
She had wings.
It was unheard of for a were-cat on her planet to be born with wings, and she kept them hidden by retracting them into her flesh like her claws.
Felicia's parents ran up to Felicia. "Well done my daughter, I knew you could do it!"
He exclaimed in a deep voice. "Especially on that last test, figuring out how to beat the hallucination was required of you, and you pulled that off nicely!"
"My little cub! All grown up!" Her mother cried, placing her paws on her shoulders and giving her a big lick on her head.
"MOM!" Felicia exclaimed, pushing her mom away. "I'm too old for that now!" Her mother chuckled in a cat like way. "I know, but you will always be my little one."
Felicia huffed, but smiled with her eyes, since she was still in cat form. "Tomorrow will be your hunting ceremony, so make sure you get plenty of rest." Her mother added.
Felicia nodded he head.
"Will do mom."
She said before looking at her dad. "Which location will it be this time?" She asked him. He smiled all-knowingly.
"Ah, can't tell you this time, you will see when you get there though!" He replied.
"It doesn't matter though, because you will have a good hunt no matter what!" Felicia sighed in response and trotted away back to the family cave where her little brother cub, Pawl, would be waiting.
With Felicia out of sight, Pantera turned to her mate.
"I am very proud of her, but I'm still concerned about her hunting ground, are you sure it's a good idea to hunt at the ancient grounds of our first ancestors?"
Hǔ looked at his mate.
"Don't worry Snowflake, she will be just fine. Where she's going there won't be any dangers she can't handle. Besides, she'll be miles away from any humans. Nothing could go wrong."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Carnivora- All mammals that eat only meat.
Felidea- The name of the biological family of cats.
Hǔ- Chinese for "Tiger"
Rabbi- Arabic for "Cheetah"
Pantera- Portuguese for "Panther" Hi'um̐ cituvā- Nepali for "Snow Leopard")