distance

Cheryl and Toni have always been the clingy type couple, Toni especially.

Toni would always be close to her girlfriend, not leaving her alone for even a moment, she's attached to Cheryl's hip.

At school, Toni would simply wrap herself around Cheryl, laying her head on Cheryl's chest. The redhead had always found this adoring, knowing it's very easy to hold her tiny girlfriend.

While Cheryl is studying, Toni would do as much as possible to just get a small amount of comforting touch by Cheryl. By just taking her free hand into hers, sitting down on Cheryl's lap, watching her work away or even just lay her head on the redheads shoulder gives the brunette that small bit of that comforting touch she loved.

Whenever Toni can cuddle with Cheryl, she will take it in a heartbeat. Draping herself over the redhead, wrapping her arms tightly around her while Cheryl rubs up and down her tiny girlfriends back.

So Toni has always loved being close to Cheryl. Always loving her touch.
But recently, Cheryl and Toni had a fight, it wasn't a crazy fight, but enough to worry Toni.

———flashback

Cheryl and Toni are currently at Veronica's speakeasy, Toni's at the bar while Cheryl is in the washroom.

Toni's ordering shots for her and her beautiful red headed girlfriend.
"May I buy you a drink baby?" Says this random man, around late 40's, approaching Toni in a quite inappropriate way.
Toni was visually uncomfortable but that didn't cause this man to stop.

"oh uh no th-thanks" Toni stutters out. She doesn't even know what to do. She's frozen. Stuck. All Toni wants is for her girlfriend to show up and help her and go home to cuddle. Toni hated being separated from Cheryl. Especially in a sketchy situation like this.

But the guy took Toni's hand in his, trying to pull her.
Frozen.
Terrified.
All Toni did was hope that Cheryl could come fast enough. She truly didn't know what to do and was terrified.

"get your old ass hands off my girlfriend!" Toni hears, she immediately recognized Cheryl's voice, feeling slight relief as the man let go.

"girlfriend? Ew fags" the man booms as he walks away from the two. Toni was hoping for a hug, possibly able to convince Cheryl to go home but before she could say anything, her girlfriend was pulling towards the car. She could tell Cheryl was mad. But why?

"Why didn't you fucking tell him you were taken huh?" Cheryl bursts. Clear tension in her voice, pure anger.

"it-its not what you think I-" Toni gets cut off.

"Save it Toni. You didn't even try to tell him you were in a relationship, you just stood there." Cheryl says before getting into the car.
Toni gets in as well, terrified to even speak.
She felt horrible. Even though it was a full misunderstanding. She knew, behind Cheryl's mad facade, she was hurt by Toni's actions. All Toni wanted to do was reassure her that she didn't and would never cheat, but she didn't speak, not wanting to make matters worse.

As soon as the couple arrived at the house. Cheryl speed-walked into the building, sitting down on the couch, head being held up by her hands.

"I-I.." Toni tries to speak to To a angry Cheryl. Tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

"how could you Toni, how could you." Toni could hear the hurt in her voice.

"I'm sorry I r-really am." Toni says, letting the tears escape her eyes. All she wants is to make Cheryl happy. But she hurt her. She didn't even try to tell the man she was taken by someone else.