never be alone again

this is based on 3x16, after choni have a fight.
(still mad at the writers for that)

xoxo—

As toni walks into school on a regular-sounding wednesday, she braces herself for conflict.

about 3 days previous to this moment, toni had a fight with cheryl.

it was the first fight that the two girls have had, and it wasn't taken as lightly as hoped. toni was mad, not necessarily at cheryl, but more at herself for being so petty, though she had her reasons to fight with her girlfriend, she was petty enough to take some of her things out of the house they had shared.

toni had no clue, but it really hurt cheryl, it made the redhead believe she's lost toni, like if she's alone.

unbeknownst to toni, she had caused the girl to throw high walls in front of her. keeping the overwhelming emotions hidden to the world, pushing them so far away that they may never even be seen again.

as toni walks into the large school, she immediately looks towards her girlfriends locker, hoping to maybe try to talk, to apologize and to make amends. she knows how cheryl is secretly a really soft and fragile person, so she genuinely wants to make sure she's okay.

as she was stuck in her train of thought, she was knocked out of it by the flush of red hair passing by her, powerfully walking through the hallway, with a confident, but severely fake smile on her face.

toni could tell that she was putting up her front, the walls that she had spent months trying to pull down. cheryl was going through pain and it was all her fault.

it was the last thing she wanted to do, she loves cheryl. she would never do anything purposely do hurt her, she just didn't know how to process her own emotions.

the fake smile she had engraved onto her face, making it  almost impossible to tell there was anything wrong, but when toni looks into her eyes, she sees nothing. it's empty. no thoughts inside or out.

toni notices cheryl enter the schools bathroom; toni quickly following behind, preparing herself before entering.

she braced for conflict, for hurtful words to be directed towards her. something would happen; she knows that the girl will most-likely inflict anger. covering up her true feelings.

she sees her redheads girlfriend re-applying her signature red lipstick in the mirror, her makeup showing confidence and grace, something untrue to her true feelings, but it was the only way cheryl could protect her feelings.

as the 2 girls lock eyes for the first time in 3 days, cheryl seems to melt for just a moment, her mouth opening slightly and a look of sadness entering her eyes before it gets quickly masked by something untraceable.

"cher?" toni says, close to a whisper. loud enough for cheryl to hear.

cheryl says nothing, she just inhaled deeply and continued looking at toni's eyes through the mirror.

"cher, are you okay? im-" toni gets caught off very quickly, just as she was about to apologize.

"i'm perfectly fine, do i appear otherwise?" Cheryl states, turning to look at toni directly, placing a oh so fake smile on her face.

"look cher-"

"i have to get to class-"

"cheryl. please just talk to me." toni states, so much passion and sympathy laced in her voice. she's worried about cheryl, the way she's making so many excuses just to get away from her.

cheryl just froze. the last thing she needed was confrontation. it made it harder for her to hide away into herself, harder to keep her emotions and feelings hidden.

"cher, i'm so sorry that i hurt you. i was just being petty and stupid and i really should've thought about your feelings before acting on my thoughts" toni states, stepping foreword and closer to the redhead; who didn't speak, just stared at toni.

"i'm so sorry if i made you feel alone. but i can promise you that you aren't, i'm right here. and i always will be here. no matter what." toni placed her hand gently on cheryl's arm, before continuing again.

cheryl finally gave into her feelings feeling tears spring into her brown eyes, threatening to fall.

"oh baby, don't cry. i've got you." toni says gently, pulling the taller girl into a much needed hug, one that cheryl needed more then she had thought.

"i'm sorry if i, uh, overreacted." cheryl says, almost choking on her held back tears.
"i just- i just don't want to loose you. and it just kind of- felt like you were slipping away. and i just didn't know what to do, i don't have anybody else." cheryl adds, tears finally escaping her eyes.

"look, my love. if you ever feel that way again, i want you to talk to me, okay? i don't need to drown in your own thoughts alone. i'm here if you have anything your worrying about." toni rubs small circles up her girlfriends back.

"okay." cheryl says almost silently. not letting go of her shorter girlfriend, it's been 3 days. she needed touch.

"you will never be alone again. i promise" toni placing a hand onto the back of cheryl's head, holding her as close as she could.

of course the two of them will fight again, it happens. but together, they will find a way to make sure nothing like this happens again. instead of blowing up and getting petty, they will listen to each other and hear each other out.

after all, they are soulmates. no matter what happens, they will always be together and always get through everything together.

heyy

i don't proof read (im sorry if i spell stuff wrong or my grammer sucks ass😭)

anyways, how are y'all doing?