Ch.0011

Brooke had been rowing a lot with her parents. She wasn't moving to New Zealand. She wasn't going to go. She wasn't going to leave Freddie behind.

She woke that morning and saw Lexie sitting on the bed. "I have an idea. You don't want to leave. And I don't want you to go. So... we tell them that if you go, then you will run off back to the UK. They can't make me go as I'm an adult. And I won't let them take you," she said.

Brooke nodded. "I don't want to go at all. I'm happy here. I have friends. I have Freddie. I have you back. They can't force me to go."

"This is mum. She will no doubt try to force you to go. We won't let her though. She will not force you," she said.

***
Brooke was sitting by the fountain. Freddie sat down next to her. He sighed. "I heard. Your mum and dad want you to go to New Zealand?" He asked.

Brooke nodded. She sighed. "I'm not going. They can't make me. My sister is going to help me stay here. But it means I'll have to stay with her and her boyfriend."

"That's good though. I can still see you," Freddie said.

"I know. I'm willing to do that. I just... I don't know. I just want to make something of us. I don't want to give up on us," Brooke told him.

Freddie took her hand and smiled. "You're not going anywhere. I promise you. It's all going to be okay. Me and you, that's what we've got. Me and you,"he said.

"I hope so."

***
Brooke was sitting in the coffee shop. She sighed as she looked to see Sam who walked in with Leela. "I'm only getting a drink. That's allowed isn't it?"

"Stop it. You know we're only looking out for you. So please... understand that," Sam said as she looked at her.

Brooke scoffed. "You're not looking out for me. You're trying to ruin my life. And you know it. Trying to make me move to the other side of the world? I'm not doing it. You can't make me," she  said.

Sam rolled her eyes. "I'm your mother. And I can make you do whatever. You need to understand that. And we are moving. No arguments."

"We'll just see shall we?"

***
Brooke had been in hiding all day. She saw Lexie and walked over to her. "I'm going to be done for murder. Because mum is trying to force me to go."

Lexie sighed. "I'll sort it. I promise you. Nothing is going to happen. They're not taking you anywhere. I will become your legal guardian if need be."

Brooke nodded. She was trying to not cry. She didn't want to go. And she was scared that she was going to be forced away from Freddie. And she didn't know how she could cope if she lost him. He was her everything.

***
Brooke was sitting in her bedroom. She had been ignoring her family all day. She knew that she wasn't going to New Zealand. But could she make her family see that she was better off away staying in the village? Or would she be forced away from Freddie for good?