16

I Betcha Won't

I Betcha Won't.

+

Mickey's finally empties of its idiotic drunken frat boys and generally male population. The sloppy ones have been cut off and sent home in Ubers.

Tony, our security, says that he's checked the parking lot twice so it should be safe for all dancers to get home.

Apparently his wife has a flat tire and being that it's late, she is his priority.

That's great and all, but what about me? I was busy taking care of some personal business in the stall.. if you catch my drift.

I can't believe--well actually I can--that fried bologna looking bitch left me out here alone. She could've shared her Uber.

Being the last one out with even our damn security gone means I'm out here on my own and vulnerable. It's just started to rain. My uber is still on the way.

I grab the pepper spray wedged in my bra shifting on my heels.

It's late, it's dark, I'm getting wet, and of all nights Tony had to leave tonight. The selfish loaf.

[Rustling noises]

I spray on impulse when there's a flash from my blind spot, aiming for the eyes and throwing a knee in his dick as a reflex. I back away as he growls in agony. I know that voice.

"What the fuck!"

"Professor, that you?!"

He growls casting a red evil eye. "I was gonna ask if you wanted a ride, but fuck it!"

"You scared the shit out of me! Where were you parked? I didn't see your car. Professor? Shit.."

I try to look at his eye but he pulls away sitting on the ground to collect himself. Luckily I have water.

"Hold your head back. Professor!" He's so stubborn! "Hold your head back, let me flush your eyes."

I hold his eyelids open myself, pouring the water over them to flood his eyes. He lets me do it in gradual intervals until I run out of water, then it's up to the rain.

"You didn't recognize my hoodie?!"

"How the hell would I recognize it! I don't be paying attention to shit like that. It's dark! I don't even see your car."

"It's over there, he points at a part of the parking lot I didn't check originally. Whoops. Well.. Too late now.

"Shit," he mutters still rubbing his eyes as I watch feeling somewhat bad. Not completely though, I was justified.

"..I'll take that ride if you don't mind," I smile apologetically.

---

"Give me your keys," I reach as we approach his car. "You might as well, my eyes are better than yours right now."