Withdrawal

Withdrawal.

+

I was born an angel of lust, raised in the heat of passion. I cannot adapt to the whims of mortals anymore than you can adapt to me.

That's what I tell the plain and bitter bitches who hatefully judge my personal expression. I am an artíste. Would a swan so readily change herself to belong amongst toads? Certainly not.

The name given to me at birth was Phoebe Avery Flynn Miller, but you can call me Gemini.

xoxo

I study Biochemistry at Stanford, yes, the Ivy League.

Despite the 5% rate of acceptance, little ol' me has wiggled herself in with the big wigs and is now on path to a promising career in forensics.

Relaxed dress code, they said.

It's true, the culture of campus aesthetics is rooted in khaki shorts and ratty flipflops. Still, despite the sea of tie-dye, I can't help but notice that the way I present myself on campus is heavily judged.

But why hate on little me?

Well. It's my clear and supple toffee brown skin. It must be.

Or it's my dipped strawberry ombre wig curled to bounce like jello.

How offensive.

Or no, it's my deep and winding curves. Yes, the jealousy is unreal.

It's not my fault these hips navigate this yellow romper like a country backroad.

It's not my fault half the girls here are built like skinny little boys and the others are built like Frosty the Snowman.

Passing Becky in category one as I walk through the hall, she turns to glare. Who are these sad hoes truly mad at, me or their genetics?

The bold who find their words try their hardest to tear me down.

Slut.

Whore.

Stripper.

Bitch.

And let's not forget the ethnic slurs, I hear it all. But can you guess my response?

"At least I'll graduate with a job and no debt, ya pasty bitch. Ask your man for my business card."

Yep.

It's true, I strip at Mickey's to pay my tuition, okay fine. I've seen several students there peppered in the crowd, a few possibly the boyfriends of some of these Becca faced bitches who come for me on the regular. Again, who are they really mad at?