Beautiful Nightmare

Beautiful Nightmare.

+

"You.. are smoking dicks, sir," is the strongest thought I have as he puffs at a cigar that seems to have materialized between his fingers. "Is this a dream? It has to be. I fell asleep in class."

"Don't you think I'd have kicked you out? Or at least woken you up? You're awake, Ms. Miller and you're in my world."

"Which is Hell?"

He nods.

"So who are you supposed to be? Are you the devil? Where are your horns?"

"I'm the King of Hell," he gestures to the space around us, "-and we made a deal."

"Am I dead? Damn, shouldn't have got in the car witta drunk bitch."

"No, Ms. Miller. You are not dead," he chuckles like it's a dumb question. It's a logical question. I can feel salty mist building in places on my body I don't currently wish to speak on.

"You think I'm bullshittin," he mumbles.

"Honestly, yes because it's bullshit."

I'm dreaming.

But my skin is hot to my own touch. The door is gone I don't understand logically how that happened. He blows his smoke into my face but it doesn't bother me, I roll my eyes crossing my arms.

Leaving the cigar hanging from his lips, he pulls up briefly on the waist of his slacks and snatches the cigar from his teeth, leaning down so his eyes are level with mine as I crane my neck back for him to back up.

"Look at this." His eyes turn jet black. Ew.

"Ah!"

"Look at this." He points to a seat in the room and it bursts into flames. He points to two more. Fire. Fire.

"STOP.. I get it."

His eyes return to normal.

He sticks the cigar back in his mouth and blows more smoke out in my face like it's gonna bother me.. so I take it from his lips and inhale blowing it back at him. His shoulders bounce as he smirks with silent laughter.

"See, Gem.. I don't think you understand what I'm trying to tell you."

"King of Hell," I wave to the seats still on fire and melting down. "I got it.. I don't know why you here teaching idiots at a PWI, but whatever, it's hot."

I can myself for a little relief.

"Make yourself useful and poof me some water and maybe I'll think about it being a lil sweeter for you."

He does a zipper motion across his lips and suddenly it's like my lips are melded together.

"Mmm!"