Chapter 3

Previously...

He was so tired. But he tried to continue his life. As a punishment to his self harm, he took care of himself, he fed himself, he kept moving on.

Life really never meant to be easy.

-

It didn't take that long for the special day they waited for 9 months finally came. the Countess gave birth to her child and Count's child. That was the happiest day the family ever had. He also was affected, he had this warm feeling when he first saw his little sister, their little angel.

He tried to keep his distance. No matter how many times they asked him to come closer or to carry his newborn sister, she refused all of it. All he thought was that his new sister might get involved in his unluckiness.

He really tried but always found himself ended up in her room every night. He watched her sleep. He guards her till he feels sleepy. By repeatedly doing those actions, it just makes him remember someone. He then stopped.

Ron is her butler, so she would be fine. Ron, after all, is best at work. She would be safe.

But is he safe?

Sometimes, he wants someone to ask him such questions like 'are you okay?' 'are you happy?' 'Do you feel safe?' 'what's wrong' or any questions about him. He really doesn't know if he's still okay. He never did until now. Until he reached his eleventh year of living.

That age was when he first tried drinking alcohol. But he thought not to drink again in the future, the taste was weird. At that age, his trash act not only benefited at protecting his brother but also to protect himself. He managed to make the abusive servants scared by throwing a glass of alcohol at them, but he made sure that they would not get hurt. Even though they hurt him once, he already forgave him and he had no plan doing something similar to what they did to him. He had no intention of hurting anyone, that he would surely carry till the day he died.

Being alone will make it easier for him.

But then he woke up seeing the figure of someone he always saw when he was younger. Not his mother but his former butler. They finally returned… with their lemon tea.

It seems like his father couldn't handle his act anymore and sent him back to his former butler's care.

He doesn't know what to feel. He wanted to be glad but at the same time, he was disappointed in his father who just let another person take care of him. It's almost like his father isn't with him anymore. It feels like his father passed away with his mother and left him alone to the family of four.

Having the old butler on his side once again, he expected that sooner or later, Ron would find out the scars on his body that he was hiding. He really did. Ron was too shocked that he dropped the benign smile he usually had.

"Who did this to you?" His expression is so dark that it makes Cale tremble. But he didn't answer, instead he pushed the butler away and covered himself with the clothes that used to hide his scarred body.

"Don't tell anyone." Ron has always been obedient, so he remained silent. But he never forgot, he would make sure to take care of his young master until he could.

So he did before the young master's disappearance.

Being in Ron's care for a year, his life is finally getting better. He thought he would finally be more relaxed. Or so he thought.

Before, he tried to ignore rumors about him. Now, it's affecting his mental health, but wait, isn't his mental health affected ever since? So it just became more uncomfortable and unbearable.

He sometimes wonders why people would wish for his death when he, the owner of his own life, managed to live this long despite several problems that blocked his way. He didn't give up even if he wished to.

Then he remembered. Her mother once said that if there's no happiness, find it. His mother who no longer has a clear image of his memory. But he remembers how secretive his mother is.

She was the kind of person who was well prepared for the future.

Hiding luxury was one of her preparations she did, just in case something happened that she would need money for such a thing.

After her death, all of it secretly passed to her only son, after all, he is the only one who knows where she hid it.

It didn't take him long to gather everything. Three treasure boxes in three different locations, one was buried somewhere at his mother's garden, one was hiding behind his big painting in his room and the other was in the room where they stuck the former countess' belongings.

All things consist of different stuff, the first one consists of gold coins, the other one is more on high quality jewels and jewellery she treasured. The last box is for magic items, such as magic devices, pendants casted with different magic spells, magic stones, spatial magic bags and more. The boxes are so small that he was so confused how to contain such things. Now that made him think where she got all of it.

From all of those treasures, there is something he holds dearly. A pendant casted by a spell to change someone's appearance, it was a strong one that would not give someone a chance to notice it except for dragons, but that's not grab his attention. Because of the beauty of the ruby stone on it that is surrounded by small gems, aside from that, he noticed that this pendant is a piece of jewelry that allows a person to put a picture. There he finally remembered how beautiful his mother was. Inside that pendant, there is a picture of a young Jour, the loving and bright mother he once knew.

Then a day arrived, he was given a chance to escape from the house of suffering.

On that day, the young master's secrets were finally revealed. That day, the young master's family realized how late they were to know how much the eldest son suffered alone. And they might have no chance to correct everything.

-
Next...