Chapter 30

Previously...

Rock turned his back to them and said,
"Don't forget your report in our near meeting." With that, he starts packing their things.

"Yes, sir!"

Cale had his mouth hang open as he watched the man march his way to the door with full passion. Cale can be sure that this man is surely weird.

-

Just like what the cheapskate thought, it is really the inventory ring.
-30-

"Be careful on your way! I'll see you again within a week!" Brill shouted as he watched the back of the two walking away from him. As the two were long gone from his sight, he entered the inn.

Meanwhile, the two continue to walk not until Rock has a glimpse of a knight guarding the gate as expected, with that, just like what he planned, he carries his kid who completely has no idea what his father is thinking.

Cale tried to struggle and complain about wanting to walk on his own but Rock just signalled him to keep quiet.

Cale noticed it right away. He notices how Rock became even more careful with his steps and how light every step he made even though Rock also carries Cale's weight.

He now understands why Rock needs to carry him. Maybe because his footsteps are not as quiet as Rock's however, it is just a matter of time for Cale to achieve that far, he just needs to train and train until then.

But there is something Cale thought of. What is the use of being this careful?

They already passed the gate when Cale finally got the answer.

"You..." Cale uttered in disbelief. He looked at his father in a judging expression which only looked at him stoically. "papa, you just don't want to pay, aren't you?"

"Every coin matters."

"You just need to pay eight silver coins."

"I have no plan spending my money on that meaningless payment."

Unbelievable, Cale thought. He stopped arguing back and just relaxed his chin on his father's shoulder, he boredly wander his eyes everywhere and finally came up with a final thought he had been thinking lately.

'This kingdom, they mostly focus on money, huh? And the knights here are acting like they are big loads and using more than the authority that they should have. They are the threats in the eyes of people. Hilarious, they are not even strong.'

Cale feels bad thinking that but that is what he can see for now, who knows if that will change in the future.

"Oh!" Rock almost stumbled the moment Cale made a sudden movement on his arm after letting out a sound of realization. He then bomb Rock with questions. "How are we going to go back? Are you going to teleport us? Are you in a good condition to teleport?"

Instead of answering, Rock scolds him.
"Be careful. You almost fell."

"Ah-- I'm sorry..."

It may look insane but Rock swears he saw an imaginary puppy's ears drop along the kid's bowing head. He looks like a puppy.

"We are not going to teleport. Let's wait for a ride."

Cale only took a peak of Rock's face, after that, he found himself once again resting his head comfortably on his father's shoulder. Without knowing, he fell asleep.

Rock hums. Second after Cale placed his head on his shoulder, Rock felt Cale's breathing turn steady when he knew that his kid fell asleep.

That's good. Since Rock really has no idea if there will be a wagon that they could ride, that would pass by this area.