Chapter 27

Previously...

“Take care.” The ancient dragon said. He stood distantly and watched the father-son duo get covered by the light from the teleportation circle.

“Goodbye, gold grandpa!” Cale shouted before they completely disappeared.

Eruhaben stood still in shock before his laugh echoed in his lair.
“See you again, kid.”

-

“And this is where we will end our class today.” Professor Anthony said as he started packing his stuff.

“Thank you for today, Professor Anthony.”

Anthony looked at his student and then worriedly looked at him. “Are you sure you will be able to handle today's homework? I’m sure you still need to do your weekly reflection paper.”

Cale has to do reflection papers on every subject he has, weekly, he just needs to write what he learned and submit it to his teacher before passing it to Rock. Cale is actually getting used to it and by that, he is able to review what he learned within a week.

“No need to worry, Professor Anthony. I have a lot of free time, and math is an easy subject.” He has a lot of free time on his schedule before his work starts, he would be able to finish it before his shift and about the reflection paper, he can do it later at night.

Professor Anthony looked convinced. He can see how happy the kid was, everytime he teaches a math subject. If Anthony guessed Cale’s favorite subject, he would answer math. Cale of course likes math subjects but his favorite is more about creatures which is not getting discussed by his professor.

“Then, I’ll leave now. See you at our next meeting.”

Right after Anthony left his study room, Bud entered with a big smile plastered on his lips.

“Master?”

“Hello little Cale! Can I have some of your time?” Bud didn’t even bother hearing Cale’s answer and pulled the kid out of his study room.

They are now inside the weaponry shop.

“As my student, I should buy you something! You can pick anything you like!”

Bud's voice feels like passing air to Cale. Cale’s attention is on the weapons in the shop, some look normal but have a high quality while some look exaggerant but have poor quality.

‘Why am I even here?’ Glenn thought as he followed behind his friend who is now busy looking for new equipment. On the other hand, he looked at Cale and was relieved Cale was interested. ‘I should buy him one too.’ With that, Glenn left the shop and went somewhere else

“What did you get there, Cale?” Bud asked.

Cale handed to him five pairs of gloves and a sword belt.

“Only this?” Cale nodded. Cale actually just planned to have two pairs of gloves and a sword belt but he suddenly thought that he would need new pairs in case the other got ruined.

“You don’t want a sword?”

“I want to buy my own sword with my own money.”

“Then, how about this dagger? I heard you will start training with Lux so I brought you two daggers.”

Cale looked at the ruby red daggers that look simple though beautiful.

“I’m more than okay with any of this. Thank you so much.”

“No problem! Anything for my student.”

After paying, they exited the shop only to see Glenn walking toward them.