Chapter 7: A fool's errand

Sinon, Liz, Silica, and Ruin were walking through the town looking at all the shops. The team head decided to split into two groups. Sinon and company were to mingle in town so it looked like they were only staying because Boldur asked them to. Kirito and the others would stick close to him to keep himself as Queen Frigg asked.

"Man, all the stores here have super-sized stuff." Ruin whined.

"Dude were in the land of gods so ya all the weapons and equipment here is going to be for them noob." Liz snapped.

"Guys, let's not fight please." Silica says.

Ruin sees something out of the corner of his eye and heads down a dark alleyway alone. He Follows that Ally all the way down to the end where it opens up into a beautiful garden. In the center of the garden was a large oak tree and at the base of the tree was a man selling weapons. Fairy sized weapons.

The Old man sat behind the counter on an old wood bench

The Old man sat behind the counter on an old wood bench. His clothes were old and tattered and had been patched a few times with different types of scrap cloth. His shoe looked like they were tied on cloth. He was slowly eating out of an oversized bowl that had almost no food in it. He looked weak and frail.

As Ruin made his way over to the ran down Counter one spear stood out to him

As Ruin made his way over to the ran down Counter one spear stood out to him. It was almost like it was calling to him. It was long a good size for a spear and at the top was a silver head with tests of green in it and at the point where the head met the staff, it heads two leaves on each side.

When Ruin got up to the counter he was almost drowning

When Ruin got up to the counter he was almost drowning. Slowly the old man looks up and smiles at him. "My a Fairy, I did not think I see any of your kind here." The old man says. Over his head flouts his gamer teg Farbauti.

"Oh I guess not but Umm what race are you? You're the same size as me?"

"Oh, I am from Midgard. What brings your kind here?"

"We got invited by Lady Frigg."

Farbauti's right eye twitched as soon as he heard that name. "Wall son do you see anything you like.?"

"Ya, I like that spear." Ruin points to the one that caught his eye earlier.

"Oh, you have a good eye my lade. That is the Mistletoe Spear. It's very rare, as a matter of fact it is the only one there is."

"Oh man, then I bet it is way too much for me."

"I will tell you what my young friend I will give it to you. All you need to do is show it off at tonight's event." Farbauti lays the spear on the counter.

"To Nights event?"

"Oh yes, young one Baldur will be showing off his invulnerable he is once again and he will let anyone throw things at him." Farbauti explanes
"So you want me to throw it at him? But won't that just destroy the spear?"

"Oh No this spear is very strong and it's not like it can hurt the beloved one."

Slow Ruin reached out and touched the spear. It seemed to blow a lovely green light. He just had to have it. "Ok old man you got a deal."

"There you are Noob!" Liz says running up

"Have fun tonight dear fairies," Farbauti says with a dark and evil smile.

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<SAO:DF>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asuna and I stand a few feet away from where Baldur and Thor are talking. I can only make out bits and peace as there so darn huge. Asuna nudges me out of my ravelry. She points to Sinon and the others walking over. I can see that Ruin has equipped a new spear. "Where did he find that?" Asuna just looks at me and shrugs.

Once they make it over to us we are also joined by Leafa and Klien. Who was walking the crowd trying to keep an eye out for danger and also not get stepped on? "Dog this place is a pain in the ass." Klien snaps.

"Ya, we almost got squished like four times back there," Leafa adds.

The crowd starts to move in closer and closer. We head to take to the sky not to get stepped on. We all landed on one of the nearby pillars. "What's going on now?" I ask looking for Thor and Baldur. I find Baldur moving in front of an old makeshift target.

"He is not going to..." Sinon starts to say but is cut off when Baldur holds up a hand.

"Ladies and Gentlemen it's that time once again let us see if any of you can even dent my armer this time." He says with a huge smile.

"Yep he is," Liz adds in.

Baldur looks around the crowd. Most would not even meet his eyes. It was like they knew they had no chance or as if he had already shamed them once. "Will no one test my body?" Baldur goaded the crowd. Not even Thor would step up. Then out of my peripheral vision I saw a hand go up. A normal-sized hand. I spin my head to see Ruin holding up his hand.

"I will try." He shouts over the crowd. Rowers of laughter ring out from all the giant people. Tell once again Baldur holds up his hand and silence falls over the crowd. "I have a Spear from a shop here in Breidablik and I want to test its steel."

Baldur smiled and nodded. "Come Fairie let us test that steel."

The crowd spreads out and forms a half-circle. Ruin flies down and lands about 50 yards away from where Baldur was standing. Ruin drew his spear and cocked it back ready to throw it with all this strength.  "It's not fear your so much bigger than he." Cries out an old male voice from the crowd. Baldur nods and Shockley shrinks down to the same size as us. "Now come Throw your Spear," Baldur says with a brave smile.

Several things happened within the next few scents. Ruin took aim and threw the spear. It sailed through the air with ease. It was like it was cutting right through the air. The Spear lands right into Baldur's heart. He stumbles back and spits out blood. Then he falls to the ground. Some were in the crowd a female scream lets out and panic takes over.

From the back of the crowd comes a dark and evil laughs, one that I had already heard once. That day back in the Dark Forest. I scan the crowd quickly and spot him. His green and yellow armor with that large two-horned helmet. "LOKI!!!" I shout. The crowd spreads and there he stands looking at us.

"Hello again." Loki smiles and starts clapping "Think you for killing Baldur for me I mean with this one death Ragnarok has begun." Loki walks over changing his size to match ours. He slow pats Ruin on the back. Ruin has not moved in the last few minutes.

"Get away from Him!" Sinon snapped and fire a single arrow at Loki. Loki Jumps away and the arrow flys right between the two and lands in a tree.

"Till we meet again little Faires," Loki says with an evil smile and disappears.