𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

( please listen to the song above while reading

( please listen to the song above while reading. just please )
——— NOTE: everyone is literally sick in our country so i have free time to update since classes are suspended.

+ yall better give me ideas for my other book, i literally have no motivation in updating it cuz ion know what to write 😭

requested by @067_MyBeloved

(sorry if it took some time and it isn't how you would imagine it to be)

-

"Aren't we partners in crime? You know, I'll always get you out of trouble, Kang Sae-byeok, and that includes surviving this game."

You'd laugh at recalling your previous words, leaving a bitter taste on your tongue and a sour expression on your face.

How utterly stupid you must have been to believe such things. I never thought that the rules of these games would ever allow you even a semblance of fairness and prosperity.

They were designed for trickery and inevitable calamity, and you had been too blind to realize this until now, with two bags of marbles and an opponent with the image of freckles and eyes you adored.

"What a predicament we've gotten ourselves into, huh?" mused, seated beside the girl on stone steps secluded by a small wall.

The moment the rules were explained, there was silence, unlike previous times when you had played with the tips of her fingers and she had rested her head on your shoulder from exhaustion.

It was far from the comfortable solitude you were so used to sharing with her. You find a distaste for the feeling.

"Stop that," she muttered, equally frustrated at the concept.

She wouldn't stop staring into the void of space where she retreated into her thoughts, leaving you to fill the tension with whatever came to mind. You knew she wasn't trying to be harsh, she was simply upset that she too had fallen into the game master's trap.

You tilt your head at her, nudging her gently with your foot, "Stop what?"

Since the moment you entered this arena, she finally turned to look at you, and you hated the despair that clouded her gaze. She may not have very expressive facial reactions, but her eyes told you everything you needed to know.

"Acting like this is fine. That you don't know what this means."

"My dear Sae-byeok, despite how much it hurt to stretch your lips, ignoring your own troubles in the hopes of easing hers," you smiled gently, ignoring your own troubles in the hopes of easing hers, knowing full well what it all means. "I'm much smarter than you perceive me to be. I'm just trying to lighten the mood. "

A flash of anger dispersed the muddy gray before she quickly looked away, going back to burning desperate holes into the dirt that covered the path and digging the soles of her shoes of her feet within, "It's not working."