𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗸𝘀

——— NOTE: changed the book cover, it kinda looks scary so i might make a new one again lmao

+ posted the first oneshot in my 4th gen girl group book, check it out if you want, your choice tho. xoxo

-

Sae-byeok and you walked peacefully together as the cool autumn breeze swept through the area and autumn leaves danced while falling gracefully on patches of grass or cold concrete.

 Light shone down from a full moon, its shining dim white rays replacing the once brightly lit world of the warm sun.

There was a sense of peace and you could hear all those things in the background. As you cross the street, muffled chatter muffles as you pass people sitting on benches near the bus stop; the chirping of crickets always reminds you of late walks like these; and doorbells ring as customers enter the warmly lit cafes.

What made it even better was the fact that Sae-byeok was by your side. She may not have said anything, but simply having her in your presence was enough. 

It wasn't an awkward silence, no. It was a comforting silence, one that made you feel safe and blissful. You walk together with your own thoughts, and so does she. Sure, Sae-byeok was, frankly, an awfully awkward person, but that just made you adore her more (if that was even possible).

The way she would randomly stare at you, even though it was quite obvious that you could see she was when she made small remarks with her same bored demeanor, was not cheesy, but nice. 

Despite her lack of emotion as she said them, you knew the amount of emotion pouring through her brain and how much she loved and cared for you. 

It didn't come out with words, but somehow, she's made it clear to you it's still there. By giving you small gifts here and there, or just spending memorable moments like these that you would think about all the time. 

She was having trouble expressing her feelings and not being as open as you were with her. Sae-byeok hoped this would show you how much you meant to her.

Your eyes were captivated by the tall girl's features on the side of her face as you just stared admiringly. Her faint freckles were scattered on the bridge of her nose. How her short but slightly unkempt black hair framed her face, how she looked down at her feet like she was thinking, with her hands stuffed in the pocket of her dark green jacket. 

Who knew if she was thinking the same things you were? Who knew if she was as excited about you as you were about her?

She lifts her head and fixes her gaze on you instead of her shoes when she sees the fog from your breath exiting into the cold air in her direction.

There was a look of longing in her eyes, almost as if she was waiting for a response from you—but you didn't say anything.

Despite giving her a small smile, she keeps the same expression on her face.

"What?" she asked breathily. She found herself always saying the same thing during these times when it was just the two of you. You would stare at her and when she caught you in the act, you'd just smile.

"If only you knew how wonderful you looked right now," you replied in awe, but slight playfulness hung on your statement as she hated your sweet remarks, which always made her try to conceal a smile and not know what to say, while on the inside, you knew she enjoyed them.

Sae-byeok quickly turned her gaze back to the ground, and you swore you could see the small tug on her lips behind her messy hair that covered the side of her face.

You turn and lean forward so you can see her whole face, only to see the faint red tainted across her cheeks.

A smile tugs at your lips from the small act. "No way, are you blushing?" you teased, earning a scoff from your girlfriend.

"What? No."

"Did I just get the hardcore and total badass Kang Sae-byeok to blush?"

"No, It's the cold, "she quickly said in a flat tone, putting her hands back in the pockets of her jacket.

You chuckle at that, "Well, if you're cold, hold my hand."

She pauses for a moment, looking down at your extended arm in her direction, before linking her pinky with yours━her unique way of holding your hand, and you notice the smallest smile forming upon her lips, making your heart flutter from the rare gesture. She didn't mind holding your hand, secretly enjoying the small contact and touch of your soft one against hers.

As you were walking back to your apartment, the two of you were once again silent. It was the same comforting one as before, but now you were both thinking about one another.

-

——— NOTE: don't get used to fluff yall, just warning you 😌