Chapter Five: The Runaway

         "You're home early" he said

         "Sorry that I'm late" I mumbled.

         "I don't want any apologies Jaylenne, just tell me who were you out with" he asked calmly.

           "Elizabeth" I lied.

           "It isn't Elizabeth, unless of course she can be in two places at once...because she and Emma came here looking for you."

            "OK fine I was out with Dustin"

            "Who's that?"

            "He's just my partner for Math class"

            "How do you expect me to help you then?!"

I stood up not saying a word.

               "You know what??? Just go! Get out of my sight...."

I ran into my room with tears brimming my eyes... How could my father say that to me???

I went to sleep and woke up the next morning earlier than usual, I took some money out of my dad's wallet and took his credit card. I took out a bag and stuffed clothes,shoes and hair products in. I took out another bag and put a lot of canned foods and snacks in it.

I hesitated but I walked outside of my house and started walking

But where would I go??

I knew exactly where I was going to go...

I walked and walked until I stopped at the double glass doors of the familiar house.

I knocked the door and a half sleepy Dustin opened it.

                "What are you doing here Fighter?" He asked with a frightened expression.

                 "Can I go inside please?" I asked.

He hesitated but let me inside and we went into his room and he closed the door behind us.

                 "I can't stay at home anymore, my dad hates me" I said sadly.

                 "C'mon Fighter he's your dad.... He'll come back around" he said assuringly.

And with that he hugged me and pat my head.

                      "Well, the reason I came here is because I wanted to stay here"

                      "Sure Fighter" he said

                       "Weren't you going to go to school?" I asked him

                       "No" he replied. "Especially since your here, I'll just stay with you"

Jaylenne ran away!!!! But she ran away to Dustin's house, what do you think will happen there????

What do you think of her dad????

<<<< There's a pic of Jaylenne's dad to the side.....

Find out more in the next chapter.

And ermmm sorry that this chapter is so short....

~TheCrazyChicas ❤❤