Chapter Seventeen: Held Captive!

Chapter dedicated to: @jaydeewantstokissyou

Chapter Seventeen: Held Captive!

***
I woke up with a major headache this morning, forgeting everything that happened last night. I rubbed my head as if it would take away the pain.

"Are you okay?" Taylor asked. He was looking down at me, which is nothing new, but I was tied to a chair.

"No she's not" I hear Dusting grumble

"She can talk"

"She's clueless"

"And??"

"You know what she wants you asshole!"

"Watch your mouth Hunter, you don't want anyone hurt now do you?"

Dusting was quiet.

"Thought so"

"What's going on?" I asked

"You do not want to know" Dusting muttered

"Or do you?" Taylor butted in

"Leave the girl. Kill me. I don't care.... but leave the girl alone." Dustin said.

"You'd risk your life for her?"

"You know I would"

"Well.... my lovely stepbrother here ... got in a fight... with me... over you..."

"And?" I inquired

"Shut up Jaylenne!" Dusting yelled

I looked at him.

"I didn't mean to yell bu-"

"Of course you didn't" I spat

"If you did keep your mouth shut though, you wouldn't be in all this"

"I caused this?"

"Yep, now shut up and let me help you"

I was quiet.

"Well.... anyways... he promised not to hurt me... at all... or I'd hurt him... worse.."

He went behind Dustin and dragged his hair forcing him to look at Taylor.

"Isn't that right??"

He held on to his throat.

"Let him go. I'll do anything" I said

"Jaylenne. Go paint your nails or something" Dusting choked out.

"I don't have a thing against you" Taylor said. "I'd maybe only tape you" he said.

Dustin's face was red. With anger. He stood up and slipped his slender fingers through the rope that tied his hands together. He punched Taylor in his face and ripped his skin open.

Soon enough he was on top of Taylor punching his face repeatedly. I couldn't watch him any longer. 

I touched his shoulder and he swung but missed. When he saw that it was me the darkness in his eyes began to vanish as his eyes softened.

He stood up to hug me.

"I'm sorry." He said.

I didn't know what he was sorry for.

"It's okay" I said as I hugged him back. We let go and I looked at Taylor who was spitting up a mixture of saliva and blood.