Chapter Eight: Dylan

***

Next day I woke up and realized it was Sunday! I had church today.

I texted Dustin.

Me: Hey, do me a favor.

D: Sure what is it

He texted sooner than I thought.

Me: Go to my church! I really need to talk to you.

D: Fine, what's the name of your church and where will you be?

Me: It's Winston Catholic Church and it's at 22 Winston Avenue I'll meet you at the kids' playground.

He didn't reply. But he saw the text.

I got ready for church.

I was wearing a black and white dress with roses and matching heels and accessories, my hair was put to one side and held down with a black headband.

I headed downstairs and had my breakfast.

My parents were already dressed and just grabbed a cup of coffee to drink on the way.

In the car it was silent so I decided to make conversation.

"Where's my brother?" I asked.

"He's at a friend's house, " My mom said

You see my parents don't really care about my brother,Chad, or anything he does because he's an adult and he was a troublemaker in high school.

"Which friend?" I asked

"Uhh, I think his name is  Justin or Dustin something of the sort" my mom said.

But Dustin couldn't be home, he promised me he WS going to meet me. Ugh!!!

"Dad, could you please oh please let me go to a friend's house?" I begged my dad.

"What?! On a Sunday morning?" He asked

"Dad! I'll be back at church" I yelled.

"Which friend I might ask" he questioned.

"Dustin" I told him.

"Fine" he mumbled under his breath.

My mom handed me her car keys.

I took them and walked back to the house and sat in the driver's seat of my mom's car.

The seats looked a bit ruffled and she had a lot of stuff in the backseat.

I started the car and drove to Dustin's house.

I knocked on his door and rather quickly, a bright-eyed little boy opened the door, he was pretty much a little Dustin, except his eyes, his eyes were bright. Way brighter than Dustin's.

"Heelloo?" He said in more of a question.

"Hello, is Dustin home?"

"Yes, why?"

"I need to talk to him."

"Ok I guess"

He opened the doors and allowed me to go in. As soon as he closed the door he ran into the kitchen where Dustin was sitting on a stool and my brother was helping himself in the fridge.

I saw the little boy whisper something into Dustin's ears.

The little boy came over to me.

"Dustin said I must keep your company, I'm Dylan, I'm 4 years old" he said while holding up three fingers.