1. Meeting the dwarfs

Authors note: 0 I have started editing the story because I am not a 100% pleased with it, the story will still be the same but I'm just trying to make it sound better when you read.. hope you all enjoy! / M

————-

The stars shined bright as the darkness awoke in the endless sky above. The air was cool and the sound of the wind blowing threw the leafed trees filled Rebekah's ears as she passed the borders to Bag End.

She followed the narrow dirt path and saw dimming lights in the windows of the underground houses, the smell of blooming flowers and baked bread filled her nostrils as she got closer. Suddenly a glimmer of hope fell upon her when she spotted the glowing symbol on a large green door. A sigh of relief escaped her partly opened lips when she realized she had reached her destination after a long day and nights journey.

Her fingertips lightly brushed against the white and pink flowers as she made her way up to the rounded door.

"Is must be a party" she thought to herself as the loud screams and laughter escaped threw the small cracks and party open windows.

She knocked on the door three times and patiently waited for someone to open.

"No not another one!" A mans voice complained with pure frustration. "There are far to many dwarfs in my dining table as it is! There is no more room for another one!" The mans voice got louder as he approached the entrance.

Rebekah swallowed thickly as the green door flung open revealing a curly haired hobbit who looked like he was about to have a small breakdown. His eyes were wide, his breath heavy and he had a thin coat of sweat covering his forehead. The hobbit also wore a greenish brown bathrobe, not something people normally wear at parties.

The hobbit exhaled loudly as his brown eyes slowly have their way to hers.

"Are you well?" She asked rather concerned by his mental state.

The hobbits eyes widened with surprise when he noticed her and immediately straightened his back and quickly tightened his loose bathrobe.

"Yes....yes! I'm just fine" the hobbit answered calmly but Rebekah could see the stress screaming threw his widened eyes.

"I'm Rebekah, I come from Rivendell" she spoke softly as she slowly entered the hobbit hole.

"Bilbo Baggins from the Shine.... but you already knew that because you are standing in my hall" Bilbo said and scratched the back of his head to release some stress and anxiety. Rebekah felt sorry for him, she wanted to comfort the hobbit but restrained herself from doing so because she did not want him to feel more embarrassed than he already did.

Rebekah looked around Bilbo's home as the door closed behind her. The hand made wooden interior was beautiful, giving the large home a warm and welcoming feeling. Her elven ears could hear the logs crackling in the fireplace from the clean and neatly decorated living room. The walls were filled with paintings and photographs of what seemed to be his family and other relatives. From what she had seen in his home Rebekah felt like she already knew Bilbo. His personalized and custom home painted a pretty clear picture in her mind of what he was like.

"You have a beautiful home" She said as she looked at one of the paining in the hallway.

"Oh um, thank you" he smiled. "Come I'll take you to the others" he continued and made his way into the other room. Rebekah smiled gently and followed the hobbit into the dining room, nothing could prepare her for what she was about to witness..

She inhaled a sharp breath when her eyes caught a glimpse of the cheering dwarfs surrounding the dining table. Their mouths were stuffed with food, it looked like they had never eaten or seen food before in their lives. The ale they drank ran down their long frizzy beards along with a thin layer of crumbs. Small bits of food flew out of their mouths and landed on the plates in front of them as they spoke.

A red bearded dwarf took a handful of peaches and tossed them across the room. Suddenly the room turned quiet and they all looked at each other before quickly grabbing a hand full off food themselves and tossing it at each other.

The neatly detailed walls were now covered with mashed potatoes and gravy that made a mushy and uncomfortable sound as clumps of it fell onto the clean wooden floor below.

Rebekah looked at the joyful dwarfs with disgust but she tried her best to hide it because she did not want to seam disrespectful. Rebekah suddenly felt ill and turned her head to the right to cover her gag but just as she turned around she spotted a familiar face standing high in the corner, it was Gandalf. He laughed as he looked down at the group of dwarfs until he noticed Rebekah standing in the rounded doorframe.

"AhRebekah, at last" he smiled as he crouched down to greet his old friend.

"Gandalf" Rebekah slimes widely.

"It's good to see you" he said happily as he stood back up.

"Listen all of you!" Gandalf shouted and looked at the messy and food covered dwarfs. A few of the dwarfs stoped throwing food and it did not take long until the rest of them understood what was going on and stopped as well.

"This is Rebekah, the dwarf - elf I told you about" Gandalf said and looked down at Rebekah who was getting more nervous by the minute.

Rebekah have always had a problem with larger groups of people, not that she had a problem talking or holding a conversation but she just got nervous, especially when a large group of food covers strangers were staring curiously at her.

Gandalf's words turned into blurry mumbles as she glanced around the room and carefully studied the dwarfs expressions. The majority of them looked at her with warm and welcoming eyes but there was a few who looked at her rather funny. Rebekah could not really blame them because having a dwarf father and an elven mother was not known in this world. To them she must have looked odd or unnatural.

Suddenly she felt Gandalf nudge her shoulder and she quickly faded back into reality.

"So Rebekah let's start from this side of the table" Gandalf's spoke softly and started pointing at the dwarfs and saying their names at the same time. She was thankful that they all had similar and easy names so it would be easier for her to remember.

"So this is the fighter you have been talking so much about?" A dark haired dwarf by the name of Kili asked. Rebekah glanced over at him and immediately got eye contact with his deep dark brown eyes looking at her from across the room. The corner of his mouth arched and he smirked flirtatiously at her. She instantly felt cheeks blush.

"Yes that is correct, she is from Rivendell and she will be a valuable asset to the company. I have fought alongside her in battle and she has saved my life one or two times" Gandalf answered with confidence.

The dwarfs looked at each other and gently nodded. They all seemed to be rather impressed with Rebekah, after all she had saved a wizard.

"Come and sit" Bofur said with a warm smile as he made room for her to sit next to him at the edge of the large table. She smiled and sat down next to him on the wooden bench.

The curios dwarfs started asking questions about Rebekah and what she had seen and done, they wanted to know her goals and what she watched to achieve in life. The nervous knot in her stomach faded as they all started talking to each other.

The conversation was going fairly well concerning they had not met each other before that very night. The dwarfs kind, joyful and cheering spirits made them really likable and easy to talk to. Despite their rather special eating habits.
But the conversation suddenly came to an end when they heard a loud knock at the door. Rebekah looked over to Gandalf with furrowed brows and wondered who it could be.

"He's here"