11. Stone giants

The next morning Thorin was awoken by the sound of the birds chirping on the large tree outside of Rebekah's balcony. He slowly opened his eyes and saw Rebekah sleeping peacefully next to him, a small smile escaped his lips and he leaned down and kissed Rebekah on her bare shoulder. He looked at her and started running his fingers though her hair.

Rebekah slowly opened her tired eyes and turned her head around and saw Thorin. His smile filled Rebekah's body with joy and happiness. She couldn't help but smile back at him.

"Good morning" Thorin said with his deep and raspy voice and leaned down at gently kissed her forehead.

"Good morning" she said and yawned loudly before she wrapped her arm around his torso and cuddled her head into his chest.

"The sun is rising, we should get going" Thorin suddenly said and sat up on the edge of the bed and started putting on his clothes on and armor.

"What do you mean?" Rebekah asked and rubbed her eyes.

"We don't have much time, last night I gave Lord Elrond the map Gandalf gave to me in the Shire" Thorin said and pulled his navy blue long sleeved shirt over his head. "We have until Durin's day to reach the mountain"

Rebekah realized that time was running out, reaching the gate was their only hope of entering the mountain.

"Get dressed, we will wait for you down in the keep" Thorin said and kissed Rebekah before walking out of the room.

Rebekah let out a sigh before she got out of bed and stated putting on her clothes. She grabbed her belt that was resting on the back of her chair and tied it around her waist. She armed herself with her sword, throwing knifes and bow before she started walking towards the door.

She turned the door knob and was just about to exit when she decided to take one last look at her room before she left. Her eyes suddenly caught the sight of a piece of cloth on her nightstand. She walked over and picked it up.

It was a piece of cloth with the Rivendell banner on it, it was a gift from Lindir when she turned 100 years old. He said it was a poor gift but it was something Rebekah cherished. He said it could be something to remind her of home when she was out on her adventures, but she had not had the change to bring it with her earlier. So now was the perfect time.

She put the piece of cloth in her pocket and started heading down to where the dwarfs were staying. She entered the room and saw that everyone had packed their belongings and were ready to leave.

"Where is Gandalf?" Rebekah asked and looked at Fili who was inspecting his knife.

"He was called to a meeting" Fili answered and placed it back into its holster.

"Well we can't leave without him" Rebekah said and was about to turn around to find him before Fili stopped her by grabbing ahold of her wrist. She quickly turned around to face him.

"Thorin says it's time to move on"

Rebekah's eyes met Fili's, he looked at her and gently nodded before he started walking away.

"Rebekah let's go" Thorin suddenly yelled from across the room. She glanced over at him and then turned her head back to the long corridor to see if Gandalf was in sight.. but he was nowhere to be found. Suddenly Rebekah felt a large hand on her shoulder, she glanced back and saw Thorin.

"Rebekah it's time to go" Thorin said in a calm voice.

She turned her head back and looked at the long corridor one last time. She sighed heavily before she unwillingly turned around and started walking out from Rivendell.