✨Chapter 1✨

juliets pop

"Juliet, get up" Mum yelled at me from downstairs so I groaned and dragged myself out of bed. I walked downstairs to my mum in sweats and a messy bun eating cereal and looking the same as ever; tired and a mess. Pj and zi are at the table eating and being gloomy teenage boys so I sit down and enjoy some cereal.

When dad died mums world stopped... well the whole town of riverdales did but eventually over 14 years our lives started up again but mum never was the same happy mum I remembered. I was only three when dad died so I don't have a lot of memories but I'm lucky to have any as zi was a baby and pj wasn't even born yet when he died. It was thought growing up with out a dad, never getting to go to daddy-daughter dances or tell my friends about a stupid joke my dad made.

i hear a honk from out the front of our house so i grab scarf and coat since its january and its snowing. i grabbed some toast and went up and gave my mum a kiss on the cheek while she sips some coffee. she smiles and says "bye honey" "bye mum" i run out the front door and down the icy steps and out to the car with my three friends in it. noah sits in the front seat driving his silver BMW, looking fine as ever. I hop into the front seat next to noah and he and they smile and greet me "hey jul" the twins say and then noah smirks at me and says "what's up julsie" i nearly melt into a puddle at the nickname he uses. "hey no no" i say using his childhood nickname. its silent as we just look at each other. "ugh stop the sexual tension and drive us to school" ruby complains. i blush and turn to look out the window while noah starts driving us to school. ruby and layla are talking about the up coming winter formal that's happening in a few weeks. "jules when do you wanna go dress shopping." "well me and lay have a gymnastics compition this weekend so maybe like next weekend" "yeah, well you need to find a date first. cause where all going with someone" i sighed. the one thing i didn't like about high school was dating. it was to hard with feelings and hormones getting in the way and then getting judged for been single and never even been a vigin or a slut for wearing to little. "or i could just go as a third wheel." "come on jules. your always third wheeling us. you should try and find someone. what about that cute boy on the football team you have a mega crush on" i blush when layla says that as i know she's talking about noah. "who's this football hottie, maybe i can help you out?" noah asks curiously "i-i uh it's no one" "come on julsie. you can tell me" i gave layla a glare but luckily we pulled up in front of school and we hoped out of the car with our back packs. some football players yelled at noah and he waved goodbye before reaching off to them. i started walking into school and i felt layla grab onto my arm and say "omg jules. just ask him out already." "no. i can't, he's my best friend and what if i tell him and it ruins our friendship. and he has a girlfriend" "girl, he is head over heels for you. he was flirting with you and god that sexual tension in the car and that bitch has nothing on you. he would leave her in a second if he had a chance with you." i roll my eyes and look to see ruby with her fake ass smile on her face that she has when somethings wrong and she doesnt want anyone to know something is wrong. "rub what's wrong" she turned to me and just smiled "nothing" she said before running off to some river vixens she hangs out with sometimes. "that was weird" i mumble as we get to our lockers and head to first period.

bettys pov

i sit in my office working on some paper work for a case i recently closed when i get a phone call from veronica. i answer it "hey vee" "bee. how are you" "I'm doing really good today" i say with a smile.

 After jughead died i just couldn't handle it. i didn't work for a two years, i stayed at home crying my eyes out and looking after a newborn baby and my mum had to pretty much move in with me to help me look after the kids. juliet and zion slept in my bed most nights up until they where about 7 and 5. when i was depressed i struggled with self harm and every time i sat in the shower i would slit my wrists and i even tried to kill my self twice. over the past few years i have gotten better and don't cry myself to sleep every-night. i have good days and bad days. i started seeing a therapist who really helped me to get where i am so that's good. but i haven't gone on a date or hooked up with anyone or even made out or kissed a guy in 14 years even thought i have been asked out by at least 30 guys. veronica, cher and toni have been trying to set me up with someone but i just can't possibly replace jug.