✨chapter 3✨

a few days later

bettys pov

"so zi, are you ready for the big homecoming game in a few weeks." i say as i drive to riverdale high about to drop the kids off on the way to work. "well the team is getting ready but yeah. i guess." "are you all going to the dance on the saturday." i ask and jules and zion nod but pj stays quite. "peej, are you gonna go to the dance" "i don't think so. i think i just go to the game with you and jules but not the dance. i should probs write an essay for english." zi sniggers and pj gives him a glare saying "don't you dare". "pj, what are you hiding and what does zion know" he looks away quickly and says "nothing" i laugh and say "when will you kids learn. i can see right through you. what are you not telling me" pj just sits there quietly not saying a word but then zi says "well, if you won't tell her i will... PJ got a girlfriend. and when he says he's doing homework its actually him hanging out with liv" he says slyly. i turn to pj as i pull into the car park "peej, your dating livy" pj just looks away guilty as hell. "oh my god. PJ" Juliet yells "what. why can't I date her" "I didn't say that. I am actually really happy for you. my son is growing up and has his first girlfriend." "ok. bye losers" pj hops out of the car and walks away into the building. I look at jules and she looks shocked. "I did not excpt that" juliet says in the passenger seat. "what happened to my innocent baby boy." "mum, he's changing. he's a teenager now." zi says "ok well you two need to go to school. you'll be late" they both give me a kiss on the cheek and leave for school.

one hour later 

I walk into the FBI offices and head to my office where i start to get ready for a day of filling out paperwork and doing pretty much desk duty. i go onto my laptop and check a few emails and stuff and i start filling out some documents from a case i recently closed when my co-worker, james comes in to tell me that clarke (the big boss) wants to see me. i groan and get up and follow james out "betts, how are you doing" "I'm doing great. i had a bad attack yesterday but I'm better now. also i bit worried about Pj. he joined the gouhlies. i think he's acting out to try and get my attention that i never really gave him growing up." "yeah. i mean for the first seven years of his life you weren't mentally present where you" "yeah i know. i know." i say as i stop outside clarkes office. "ill catch up with you later " i say and we asks off.  james is one of my closest friends now. he joined the force a few years ago and when we were working late together on a case and i and i had a panic attack and he helped. i knock on the office door and a deep voice replies with "come in" i push open the door and my boss is sitting at his desk with several files and papers in front of him. "good morning" "morning agent cooper" (betty never changed it when she got married) "you asked to see me" "yes i did. so i am aware that you are still working on the trash bag killer case" "ugh yes sir" "well there was another victim in east chicago and since your the lead on this case we are going to send you to chicago to asses the scene and everything" "oh ok. great. when do i leave." "in 2 hours. you'll stay for 3 days and then come back. we have a hotel booked for you and you will meet the chicago detectives when you get to the crime scene." "ok. can i go home and grab some things and then head to the airport." "yes. and good luck coop" "thanks. see you later" I occasianly go on work trips so the kids are ok with me been away. i get out my phone and text our family groupchat that i am going away for 3 days and that they should find themselves somewhere to stay or if they can't just stay at home and safe. juliet replies almost instantly saying im gonna stay with the twins so they can go dress shopping the next day. by now im back at my car and i drive home and pack a suitcase and make sure the house is locked and there is food before leaving a $100 on the counter and leave. 

6 hours later

i get to my hotel and check in before i change back into my FBI uniform cause i can't wear that on the plane and head to where the crime scene is. apparently a young woman aged 24, was found stabbed and had multiple limbs cut off and wrapped in garbage bags in a sketchy alleyway in chicago. the taxi drops me off at the barracked that where surrounding the street. i walk up to a officer who is standing guard not letting anyone in. i grab my badge from my belt and hold it out to him saying"hello, agent cooper from the FBI. im here from new york (the state. that's where riverdale is)" "oh yes" he moves the barrakaded and lets me through and i walk in a see a few detectives. one comes up to me and asks "your agent cooper, come right this way" i follow her to the crime scene and it is unpleasant. there girls arm is hanging out of a trash can and her hear is just lying on the floor and i almost step on it. "hmm. he's gotten sloppy. not covering everything in garbage bags and he normally doesnt cut off ears or eyes." i say examine the scene. "anything suspicious. and loiteurs in the public" "yes one and and he is in the precinct waiting for questioning" an officer says "hmm. are the victims family aware of what has happened" "yep" "so what do we know about this woman" "blonde, 5"9, 24 years old and lives alone. she is a indian girl called sheria. Was most likely walking home and taking a shortcut when she was stabbed multiple time until dead and then..." the words where to horrible to explain but i understood. "ok could i talk to some witnesses" one officer takes me to a tent where a few civilians are sitting. the officer tells me that there where 3 people who found the body. they were all friends and had just walking home from a late night of drinking and found her and called the cops. i walked into the tent and the first witness followed me to a separate room. i sat down at the table and the man sat on the other side. i looked down at the file i had and then looked up. but what i was met with was not what i expected. i blinked 3 times and then stood up and walked over to the familiar man. i placed a hand on his face and whispered 

"jughead"

A/N:😱