Signing up

I am so sorry for taking this so long. I was making more chapters for this chapter, and I lost track of time. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, with the adults woke up early again to prepare breakfast, Alberto woke up first, hoping he beat either Luca or Giulia, but Giulia jumped down from the upper bunkbed, and ran out of the door as she wanted to be the first to come out of the room. Alberto gave chase at her. Luca then opened the door while rubbing his eyes, yawning from just woken up. He then felt his two friends racing against each other towards the stairs. Luca was energized upon seeing his friends as he ran after them as well.

Luca and Giulia took the stairs while Alberto slid down the staircase.

"Almost time for breakfast," Lorenzo declared while putting the plates on the table, but the three ran straight towards the door, "Where are you three going?"

"To Mariposa's. We have practice today," Alberto answered.

"Practice for what?" Daniela asked.

"The singing contest. We forgot to tell you that we're helping her win the contest this year since she lost all those years that she tried to win," Luca explained.

"But, Luca, you don't sing," his mother reminded.

"I don't have to. I'll play the drums," the young sea monster said.

"I play the guitar," the red-haired girl stated

"Me too," the taller young sea monster added.

"Are you sure you can do this?" Massimo had some doubts about this plan, especially with Giulia since she never participated in a singing competition before. She did play a guitar, only for fun.

"Si, Papa. I mean, how hard competing in a singing contest could that be?" Giulia chuckled.

Just then, the clock chimed, revealing it was 7am

"Well, that's our time!" Luca declared as he, Alberto, and Giulia took their breakfast to go, and ran out of the door, "We'll see you later!"

"Hey, don't forget to bring an umbrella! It rained last night!" Daniela warned, remembering she heard rain last night, and there were still droplets of water dripping everywhere.

"We don't need it!" Alberto shouted, confident that he and Luca won't get wet, and it was a sunny day today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking to Mariposa's house took 11 minutes of walking, but glad they were asking for directions since some people knew about the Paruparo family.

The three made it, just outside the big wall fence in front of the house, and they were about to head towards the gate.

"I can't wait to sign up for the singing contest with Mariposa today," Giulia said excitedly.

"If we work hard to help her parents today, we might have enough money for that entry fee, like back home," Luca recalled.

"Let's just be careful about getting wet," Alberto reminded.

When Giulia opened the gate for them, they quietly stepped in, and slowly closed the gate.

Unbeknownst to them, Twist and Daru, the two cats from last night, hopped from the roof, and landed on a tree branch above the three children, shaking the leaves, making the droplets that came from the rain last night to drip down.