Secret reveal

Later at sunset, the Paruparo Family were preparing for dinner when the children were putting plates on the table, and the parents were preparing the stove, Mariposa was opening the fridge for ingredients that her parents recommended.

"Alright, mga bata! We're going to have Pinakbet for dinner!" Andres announced as everyone, except Mariposa cheered excitedly.

Mariposa was still sticking to her plan of knowing her friends' deepest secret. When she opened the door, the fridge was slightly empty, "Umm, Tay, Nay..., we're running out of vegetables!"

"Talaga?! I'm sure I harvested a lot of vegetables today," Isabel thought while taking herself down to memory lane.

Mariposa pretended that she had nothing to do with the vegetables as she already secretly hid the vegetable behind the fridge, and Twist already took a radish.

"I'm telling you, the fridge has no vegetables," the middle child lied.

"I hope the palengke is open. It's already night, and it was supposed to be close," Isabel told her husband.

"Kids, just stay here and watch the house," Andres told the 10 children.

Mariposa gritted her teeth. She needed to be alone to continue her plan, "Actually, you all should go, I'll stay here and watch over the house."

Her family stared at her confusingly.

"Are you sure you'll be okay on your own? We don't need much help," Her father inquired.

Mariposa held her hand up, "Nay, Tay, you need more than 4 hands to get more vegetables, I'll be fine right here. Besides, Luca, Alberto, and Giulia are coming for dinner, and I wanna make sure they'll arrive."

"Ugh, them," Boyet murmured as the rest of the kids nodded and rolled their eyes. They still didn't like the trio. Even though Elizabeth wasn't worried about her friendship with Mariposa anymore, she still didn't like Luca, Alberto, and Giulia.

"Uh, okay, anak, just be careful, okay? And be safe," Isabel said.

"You too! I'll see you guys later! I love you all! Bye!" Mariposa quickly pushed her family out towards the door, and slammed the door quickly.

The Paruparo family looked curiously at each other, suspecting Mariposa's behavior lately, but they couldn't waste much time thinking about her. They needed to go back to the market to buy more vegetables.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes later, when Mariposa was placing something under the table, she heard knocks from the front door. She knew that might be her friends as she rushed towards the door, and opened it, seeing Luca, Alberto, and Giulia.

"Mariposa, ciao!" Alberto waved his hand.

Mariposa grinned nervously, "Hehe, hey, guys, glad that you're here. Come in."

When Mariposa stepped aside, the three entered the house with the Filipino girl closed the door.

"Where's your family?" Giulia asked, noticing Mariposa was by herself.

"Oh, they got out to buy more food. We ran out," Mariposa answered.

"Uh, you owned a farm," Luca reminded.

"We can run out of food from the fridge. It's normal. So, they went back to the market to get some food."

"All of them? And you're here... all alone," The shorter Italian boy pointed.