Chapter 1

"Honestly, I don't see why you can't  just go to a Wakandan school, they're much better and probably better suited for your style of learning, plus they have me."

"I know but its Stark, apparently he knows someone who goes there and since your brother is on King duties or something. Basically I have to go liking it or not."

"Yeahh okay maybe that's a fair point"

"Goodbye Shuri"

"Bye Madeline, by grumpy Happy person"

"So long Wakanda, hello new special nerd school"

Madeline POV

"Come on Madeline, wake up, first day of school today,"  Peppa chirped as she walked into my room.

"Don't remind me. I'm in denial about those six cruel hours." I groaned in response.

"It's remarkable that on the weekend you get out of bed easily. But on a weekday you barely manage it even with your 20 alarm clocks. Why do you have so many alarm clocks anyway?"

"It's so when I refuse to wake up at the first one there are other ones, each with around a 5-minute interval." Slowly manoeuvring out of bed as I spoke.

"Wouldn't it just be easier to get out of bed at the first alarm?" Peppa asked, receiving a hurt and confused look from me in return which she just laughed at.

Finally getting up, I decided on an outfit. I didn't really feel like being social today and, especially since I was new I expected some form of conversation would be forced onto me. So I decided to wear a darker style outfit, hopefully to convey at least some sort of warning.

Not even bothering to make sure I looked fully presentable I joined Pepper and Tony downstairs.

"How are you feeling about your first day?" Tony asked

"I still don't want to go. Surely I must be a health hazard, or a danger or something school preventative."

"Nope your all cleared, mainly since you are a minor and many things were forced on you and -"

"Like being forced to go to school?"

"Madeline, school is not a bad place," Peppa interjected

"Last time it was"

"Good thing it won't be like last time, now go with Happy or your going to be and we'll see you at the end of the day"

Fighting a losing battle I gave up and walked towards the door. But not before scooping food into a sellable box 'cause there was absolutely no way I was going anywhere, without food.

"I'm worried about her Tony," I heard Peppa whisper in a low voice

"I've got someone looking after her and we both know she can look after herself. I'm sure she'll be fine"

"Theres more than that that scares me"

MJ POV

Bad social skills? Rude.

What if, I don't have bad social skills, just a strong dislike of the majority of people? Which the school is ever so blatantly disrespecting.

Apparently her name is Madeline and she is a transfer. Don't know where from and I also don't care. So now I'm just forced to sit the front waiting for her majesty's grand entrance after her timetable was thrust upon me whilst receiving numerous instructions to smile.

Then came the arrival of my own personal hell, accompanied by black jeans, a black and blue tie dye top along with a spiked jacket topped off with a deadly eyeliner look and a stylish hat walked in, a girl of whom I assumed to be Madeline, either that or just a random bored wannabe goth chick, or both I suppose. She stopped off by the window and a hand extended in my direction causing her to begin to head to my direction.

Without exchanging a word we both nodded with seemingly mutual understanding as I gave her her timetable and gestured for her to follow. No happy preppy words as I was expecting, just casual and calm and that oh so overlooked silence. Maybe this gig wouldn't be so bad after all.

As we were walking to our first period, having thankfully missed homeroom I saw Peter and Ned staring at us. Sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with these gawking children but I suppose they are quite fun to have around.

'Hey,  so I'm Michelle, those two over there are my friends and I've been told to show you around. Please don't talk too much'

Nah too many words.

"Those two are my friends, I'm Michelle, thanks for acknowledging my lack of early brain function capabilities" 

With a slight laugh in response we walked straight to PE with Peter and Ned trailing closely behind us. This should be fun.