Chapter 20

Mads POV

Slowly I opened my eyes, only to be met with bright glaring lights "esta despierta," came a voice from across the room "Ve a llamar a la jefa"

"She's awake," "go call the boss"

One guy scurried away as I fought the darkness trying to welcome me back into its clutches. 

"Now now cariña, can't have you falling back asleep again can we," Vero said softly but assertively as she brushed my hair away from my face, "we've already lost enough valuable time as it is. Plus theres someone else who wants to meet you"

On cue, a tall dark man walked in, a silver chain round his neck, unmistakably blue eyes and a confident grin. He was dressed casually, black cargo trousers and a simple black crew neck t-shirt. Nothing like his female counterpart Vero who today was dressed with a beautiful wine red ribbed top with a simple black skirt with small booted heels matched with a bold red lipstick and simple eyeliner. 

"I don't believe we've been formally introdued," he said with a low voice and an American and Latin fusion accent, extending a hand in my direction, "I'm Dray, I do believe you've met my Ronnie already, she doesn't tend to go anywhere without making her self known"

"Well what's like without a bit of pizzaz Dray-Dray, boring as far as I'm concerned"

"No me llames asi," he said through gritted teeth, glaring as he did so.

"Bueno, llamaste a mi Ronnie y sabes nadie puede llamarme así."

"Don't call me that" "Well, you called my Ronnie and you know no one can call me that.

You know, I don't think they're aware I speak Spanish oddly enough, especially since Vero was a widow herself, but it does seem like theres definitely some form of internal conflict going on. Still I believe the bigger question would be, HOW THEY HELL, did I end up in the random bed. My clothes are still on, which I'm taking to be a good sign but still, what's up with this unexplained transportation.

"So what is going on here?" I asked breaking up their mini argument

"Buenos días cariña," she smiled "Glad to see your awake, you were out for quite some time you know."

How long was I out? I panicked, 

"Don't worry yourself with such details answers will reveal themselves in due course. You see, you impressed us so much with your fighting, we have something we need you to do" 

Great

"We're going to need you to do a job for us," Dray chimed in "No biggie"

And there it is.

"What if I refuse?," I asked tentatively

"Refuse?" Vero repeated, "Refuse," she laughed. "One does not get to simply refuse my requests. So either you oblige willingly, or we'll find ways to change your mind"

What ways I wonder, I feel like she'd be a very creative woman in this area.

"So, cariña, it would be in your best interest to do as I say, although the second option would be much more fun."

"Okay, whose your target?" I asked

"Well, ever since we were forced out of our home by some two timing serpientes, we've turned to a new target, the Osbornes."

Osbornes? They used to be one of the richest families in town but no ones heard of them in a while

"You see the Osbornes," she continued "Once had power and fame, but that was stopped, however it seems that the small teenager is fighting for the power his father once had. And you see we simply can't let that happen."

"You want me to take out the son?" I questioned

"Well not exactly cariña, you see if he dies all his money, the infrastructure it goes to waste and well, since we know longer have a base-,"

"We want theirs," Dray giggles maniacally

"Yes, and you are going to help us get it"