Chapter 7

RECAP

"And why were you snooping?" he asked

"I'm an investigator at heart," I smiled

"That's enough I should say that you should be ashamed of yourself but I know that you won't and that you don't."

"Well I'm ashamed I got caught. Hanging out with you guys has made me lose my edge." Widely grinning, I exited the room and returned to the room Pepper told me to wait in, sat on the floor and waited. Planning on how I could catch out how Spiderman and Peter were linked.

---

Peter POV

I realise that Madeline got on Mr Stark. Was she an actual intern or an 'intern' like me. Maybe she is an intern or 'intern' for Pepper because Mr Stark did say she should go to him. Yeah that would make sense. Especially after that whole thing at the airport, particularly as she was on the opposing side.

These web shooters though are amazing, they are a small improvement to the ones on the shoot Mr Stark made for me and much better than the ones I made myself. These were amazing.

"Peter, Peter!" Mr Stark shouted, snapping his fingers, "I called your name like 10 times, come on kid"

"Sorry Sir"

"It's fine, just how was her day?"

Well mine was good thAnKs FOr AskiNg

"I only saw her for one period, which was in the gym. To begin with she only had to do half of the day but after gym she was like a ghost"

"And what happened in the gym?" Mr Stark asked

"Flash happened," I replied

"That kid who bullies you?"

"Yeah... Andshemayhavebeeninafight," I whispered

"Fight!" he exclaimed and I sheepishly nodded in return. "She's been there one day. One day. Just like her aunt pops up, wins some battle and then disappears. Did she at least win?"

"Yeah, she barely touched him"

"Ok, well I'm adding to your mission, make sure she doesn't draw anymore attention to herself. Good luck," he sighed

"Ok, um have a nice evening Mr Stark" I waved

"You too Peter, thanks. Oh, this should go without saying but it won't. She CAN'T know. Got it?"

"Understood Sir," I saluted which he just laughed at.

And with that I exited my stage to the left. Looks like I've just been asked to spy on, and protect a highly trained assassin who can't know what I'm doing. Should be interesting. I can tell Ned though right?

Mads POV

It gets a little too peaceful up in Stark's place. It's odd, I guess I'm just too used to the opposite.

Tomorrow I had to go to the school again, it was supposed to be better than the red room but honestly, not by much because I can't stand this either. In Midtown people just didn't seem to know when to shut up, like Flash 'rule' he somehow had in this school. Whereas if he did that in the red room, he would have been killed by the enemies he would have made.

I have no doubts as to the inevitable questioning I'm going to get later but there is not much I can do about it now. Not that I regret the sight of Flash hugging the floor.

But despite that, when in Queen's, I might as well go out and see what Spider-Man likes so much about this place.

I left a note on my bed, just in case and made my exit through a ground floor window just to avoid being potentially seen in any elevators. I was in my predominantly black suit with purple highlights, a Stark modification of my older suits but I modified the tracker.

Avoiding any people walking, I went up a ladder to the top of a moderately high building. And waited.