Chapter 5

Peter POV

What power she holds.  She didn't even turn back, not even a glance, not once, leaving everyone gawking as she left

Flash stumbled off to the side, after inelegantly brushing himself off whilst his friends failed to conceal both him and his shame.

Madeline POV

One thing for sure is that I'm not going back in there, not yet at least but I also cant go back to Stark. But I suppose it'll be fun roaming the school, considering I hadn't had my tour yet.

***

So far it looked mostly like all the pictures of a school I had seen on goggle, and the schools website, tiled floors, grey lockers and a soul sucking feeling. How unoriginal. 

Some other kids were wandering around the building as well, laughing and jumping around. Normally, being out of class was a punishable offence, was it not one here?

"Heyy," one of the girls giggled in a frustrating manner, "I haven't seen you before"

"Hi? Probably because I'm new"

"Perhaps, well then what's your name then new girl?" A boy asked

"Madeline" I answered unambiguously 

"Well my name is Seymour, thats Missy, she's Reshida and thats DeVante"

"Nice to meet you. You guys skipping class?"

"Seymour is, the rest of us have a free period"

"Free period?"

"Yeah, meaning we don't have a lesson"

Thats new, when we didn't have lessons we had 'optional training and practice' or we could hang out in the common room but even then you were subject to the elders whims.

"You want to hang with us?" 

"Sure"

These 4 seemed pretty decent, plus is not like I had anything better to do, urgently anyway, they kinda remined me of the friends I had back in the red room but that didn't end well. Hopefully I won't have to kill them and they won't try to kill me, but you can never be too sure.

***

MJ POV

Around 10 minutes went past before sound started filling the halls again, Madeline's presence still filled the room. After another half an hour of P.E plain elongated moments of aimless monotonous living after, the bell screeched opening the floodgates for hundreds of hormonal volcanoes to erupt into the hamster tunnels.

Following the same routine as always, I waited in line for food before sitting down on the same lunch table as always.

"We should probably stop starring before she notices" came a whisper

"Too late, you guys are losers"

"Then why do you sit with us"

"Because I don't have any -"

"Any what"

"Doesn't matter, just stop staring at her weirdos"

I glanced down for one second but when I looked up, Madeline disappeared before I could ask her to come sit. What is it with that kid.

Peter POV

'Come to my place after school, if you have homework just bring it with you, no excuses'

- Mr Stark

AFTER SCHOOL

Mads POV

After avoiding MJ, Peter and Ned all day I had hung out with Seymour, DeVante, Reshida and Missy who then introduced me to their other friend Jason which made 6 of us. Seymour was definitely one to look out for, his thieving capabilities - would have been praised in the red room but here apparently are not accepted. Personally, I do think his slight of hand to be very impressive. Maybe its his ability to see - more  that helps him. Ha take that Starky, I can make stupid puns too.

At lunch I was going to sit with MJ, but she already had a spot inside and I wasn't sure how prepared I was for the questions that she may or may not have. So instead I just stuck with the 5, went outside and sat under some benches and ate there. Peter and Ned were nice enough but there is nothing wrong with familiarity and solidarity was an old friend of mine.