Defense

Odene POV

Shit, they're already distributing wanted posters? I really need to keep my head low, I'll need to find new clothes too. Within time, they'll reproduce papers that shows what I was wearing too.

"You never told me your name," Marsia tilted her head, I'm a fucking dumbass.

"Oh you're right, sorry. I'm Odene," I smiled peacefully at her but then quickly started walking towards a clothing shop.

"Why is your face plastered on that pole?" she asked, I knew I had to lie.

"It's because I ran away from home. People are trying to find me, but I don't wanna go back home. So I ran away, you mustn't tell anybody about me okay?" I walked faster, her surprisingly keeping up.

"Okay, l won't," she's very complying, I like it.

We walked into a store and it looked pretty cozy. The salesperson smiled and greeted everyone at the door, her eyes glimmering with a blue glare.

I grabbed a cheap hoodie that covered most of my hoodie, black sweatpants, and some gloves. My hands are still injured, it might be easier to fight with some padding.

I had one hand entangled around Marsia, the other holding my items. I dropped it all on the checkout station and the cashier started checking out the items. One swipe after the other, a cheerful ding after each one.

"Did you find everything alright sir?" she spoke, her voice was calm and soothing, like gentle waves by the sea.

"Indeed," I spoke quietly and short, I don't want to draw attention.

Suddenly, the bell that rings when someone enters the store rang violently. Multiple people coming in at once, and that wasn't it, they were all wearing black clothing. Masks, gloves, and what looks like a gun holster.

"Everyone on the fucking ground! These bullets are enchanted with water magic, you'll die in one hit no matter where it hits! On the ground, now!" there was a few screams but the people who resisted, bang.

"On the ground, what the hell do you think you're doing huh?!" one shoved their gun up against the back of my head, the barrel was cold.

"Well aren't you peachy?" the man who was threatening me looked at the cashier, her face sweating with fear.

"Don't catcall random women you see, a little disrespectful you know," I instantly regretted what I said when I felt the presence of every robber's eyes turn to me.

"Do you think you're a superhero? Some knight in shining armor of this damn rundown store? Say another word and lead will be inside you," he cocked the gun, reloading a bullet.

"Yes, yes I do," I gently shoved Marsia aside, turned around and right when he was about to shoot, I did a split and uppercutted his jaw.

"Oh you absolutely ass!" he stumbled backwards, hitting his back on the checkout behind him.

I took his head and banged it on the cash register, blood bleeding from his forehead. I shoved him aside and looked at Marsia, her eyes filled with terror.

"Marsia," I reached out my hand, my throat closing up.

"Stop!" she shooed me back and I retracted my arm, a bullet speeding by once I did.