An Eye for an Eye

Odene POV

He charged at me like a bull but the bigger they are, the bigger they fall. I sidestepped last second and his whole body went ramming into the wall. Smoke filled the air and I went flying backwards. The mere impact got me airborne, what is this guy?!

I hit a wall and amidst the smoke, two pairs of yellow eyes appeared. Sounds of electricity flooded the room and then volts came shooting out of the mist. How is he not a mixed?! He has so many different abilities.

I ducked and dodged all the volts but when I looked around, Marsia was nowhere to be found. I panicked, if she dies I'll be carrying the biggest guilt ever.

"Marsia! Where are you?" I called out in the echoey cave, electricity still bouncing off walls.

"Odene, you worry for me too much," her tranquil voice was like a soft rain after a drought.

"Marsia?! Where are you seriously?!" I tried to look through the heavy smoke but nothing was visible.

"I'm right here," she chuckled and suddenly the whole cave grew huge icicles from the walls. She tapped my back, revealing herself.

"You scared the heavens out of me!" I bent down and hugged her.

"Can we do the cheesy stuff after the insane guy is taken care of?" she smiled, sounds of flames ignited behind me.

"Yeah, yeah we can," I stood up and the smoke was clear, a big inferno looked back at us.

"You can't defeat me! I have abilities, one of you don't! I am many, you are two!" his voice was raspy, balls of fire spitting out of the huge flame.

As I dodged, Marsia froze over the fire balls. She can take care of herself surprisingly. She always seemed like an independent kid, but something about her is so interesting. Maybe it's her bipolar disorder, whenever things get serious she seems to get serious too.

"Continuing to evade his attacks won't do us any good. I think it might be our turn to attack," Marsia yelled through the frolicking flames.

"You can't get any closer and I'm useless, how?!" I questioned, fire grazing me.

"I'll help you, just run into the fire. Trust me," her voice was soothing, so hypnotic.

"Alright then, don't get me killed," I sighed, running straight into the body of fire.

I felt a warm sensation, like a warm sun on a beach. I didn't even realize I was inside the fire until I noticed everything was red. I didn't feel burning or pain like I was supposed to. I touched my skin, a cold layer of ice coated me. I don't get how it's not melting but I the person should be dead.

"How did you get in my domain?!" a voice asked in front of me, I smirked.

"Secret," I blitzed towards him and threw him the hardest punch I've ever done.

He went flying backwards and out of the fire. As soon as he left the body of fire, the inferno quickly exhausted. It fizzed out and the crazed guy was on the floor, the wall behind him had a crater.

"Damn I did that?" I surprised myself, the man slowly standing up again.

His eyes flickered with different colors again. So many elements sparked from his eyes. I still don't get how the hell he has so many abilities built into him.