Truth

Marsia POV

"Odene, a colorless is a perfect example of resistance is futile. He has tainted a once pure soul that is Marsia, but due to law, we'll have to put her down alongside the actual criminal," I accepted my fate, this is how it's gonna end.

I looked at Luka, we locked eye contact. He mouthed something to me but I couldn't figure out what he said. I breathed steadily, prepare for whatever Luka has in store. Relax.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, everyone, give us a chant! Give us a roar! Motivation, gas this moment up! For this is going to be the most sublime execution you've ever experienced!" Stataria rose her hands into the air, fireworks exploded in the bright sky.

A strong ball of darkness charged up just in front of my face. If that got anywhere near me, I'll be disintegrated to dust. My remains would travel with the wind, and I have no care with that.

"Objection!" a voice said, I know this voice.

A beam of light struck down the executioner and the seat Luka was sitting on was empty. The amphitheater was clouded with smoke, cough inducing. I saw Luka whisper something to Odene before he came over to me to untie my restraints too.

"I'm sorry Marsia, if I never ratted you out this would've never happened. It's my fault, and if you guys end up dying because of me, I won't forgive myself even after death. Please, spare me of the guilt and live, okay? I know you're young, but you're powerful, remember that," that was his last words before a sword took away his life.

Right as I was untied, I didn't have time to mourn or cry. A fireball shot at me and I put it out with water. The ground rumbled as rocks spiked up from the floor. Lightning struck down onto me which I also had to dodge.

I shot myself upwards with water like a geyser. While I was in the sky, I created a platform of ice under me. Airborne, it'll be harder for the council members to land a hit.

From the skies, I shot icicles down but most of them went to waste. I wasn't expecting to hit them but I was stalling, I don't know what I was stalling for but I needed to make time to think of a plan.

This sequence went on for a while until something caught my eye back down on the stage. Odene was about to get pierced, no, I can't let that happen.

"Odene no!" I screamed from the skies as I hit the ground and ran as fast as I could towards Odene.

"Marsia get the hell out of the way!" he pulled and tugged on the earthy cuffs.

"You saved me before, now I have to do so too," I stood in front of Odene, ready to tank the spear.

"Don't act heroic Marsia! Save yourself for fuck's sake!" he cursed at me, a tear escaping my eye and flew back.

"I'm not trying to be heroic. I'm trying to change." was my last words as the spear speared my heart, and I closed my eyes.

It hurt less than I expected, there was a sting at first like a needle but then it was calm. My 5 senses faded ever so slowly, is this what death feels like? I feel enlightened, I feel happy.

One thing still surprised me, I'm still thinking and aware. I feel at peace yet I can hear my thoughts. I tried opening my eyes and to my shock, I could see. Then slowly, I could stand too.