Judgement

Odene POV

Darkness, that's all I saw when I opened my eyes. I remember everything so clearly yet I'm still in disbelief. I've been tranquilized, that Luka betrayed me. He never was an outlaw, he was just stalling until enforcers reached us.

The room was pitch black but I felt around to know my surrounding. I was trapped in a cell, steel walls, steel flooring, and medieval type cell bars stopped me from escaping. My hands were cuffed with enchanted cuffs. Not only do they not have a keyhole, they can only be taken off by the user who put it on. Sigh, how'd I get in this predicament?

It was like a dungeon, a whole hallway just filled with cells. I could make out a staircase that led up, probably the entrance to the dungeon. To me, that'd be my only chance of escape.

Even with the bars having an open space between them to let light in, there still wasn't light in the first place. So, I'm stuck in this cell, not knowing where Marsia is. I need to get out, enforcers might come here at any given time.

"So you're finally awake," a familiar sadistic voice said from the stairs I saw earlier, a fiery light coming closer and closer to my cell.

"Stataria," I spat at the floor, feeling the presence of her disgusting aura outside the cell.

"Odene," she replied back.

"Well well well, we meet again eh? For a few days, I though we all actually lost you. Sadly, you were caught by someone else. After Luka saved you, he realized you were the wanted colorless on posters. He contacted enforcers and then they gave Luka a plan on what to do and now you're here," she explained the whole scheme like it was impressive.

"No shit sherlock. You think I haven't figured out what happened? You look down on me too much, piece of shit," I cursed further, my cuffs tightening. It made me flinch.

"You're all bark and no bite. You're lucky I don't execute you here and now. You're testing me real hard on my patience and I don't have a lot of that," she breathed heavily, her breath smelt like aged wine.

"I can tell you don't," I smirked, a force suddenly pushing me back into the wall.

"Guards, you can meet me back up there. I have to talk personally with this deviant," she motioned the guards away.

"Right away Your Grace," the guards shuffled away and it was only me, and the colorful glow of Stataria's eyes.

"I was surprised when I got to the house, you had a child with you," she chuckled to herself, even her laugh is dumb.

"Don't lay a finger on her."

"Who says I won't?"

"You living piece of shit. You wouldn't dare lay any elements on a literal child."

"I have morals yes, I'd never hurt a child. Though she was helping a fugitive, that's against the law. That means, she's not a child anymore, she's a criminal."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying, she's not totally safe from execution yet,"

"You're not gonna kill her,"

"I'm not, executioners will. You though, you're lucky you'll be dying by my hand,"