The Outlaw

Odene POV

There was ringing in my ears before I opened my eyes. It was blurry but I knew I was in a room, has someone kidnapped me? All I remember is that someone sedated me, then there was a voice, could it be him?

"Oh good, you're awake," a muffled sounding voice spoke to me from the doorway.

I rubbed my eyes and the room quickly focused. There was someone around the same age as me in the doorway, the walls were painted white with a few posters were plastered on.

Marsia was laying beside me on a bed. The room itself was fairly empty. There was an empty desk and it had most of our belongings. Marsia's backpack was set on the floor against the wall.

"Uh, are you a mute?" the voice spoke again as I turned to him.

"No, I'm not. Who are you and where am I?" I questioned him, looking at him ferociously.

"Gee, a little feisty eh? I kinda saved you from getting robbed and I'm getting treated like a criminal being interrogated," he chuckled and threw a bottle of iced water to me, I caught it with my face.

"Sorry," was all I said, twisting the cap off of the water bottle to clench my undying thirst.

"Well to answer your cliché questions, I'm Luka and you're in my home currently. Specifically my room that I kindly let you stay in," Luka's clear white eyes glimmered in the sunlight that was allowed in through a window.

"Night fall is going to come upon us, you should stay the night. Plus, it's gonna hail soon too. Heard there's a huge blizzard coming our way. Tell me if you need something, I'll be in the living room. Just go straight down the stairs, you'll see it when you leave," he closed the door behind him silently.

Wait, he must've saw my eyes, why is he treating me so nicely? Is he gonna turn me in once he's done toying with me? Is he doing this because I have a kid with me? God, I don't know anything when I need to.

"Marsia? Are you alright?" I lightly shook her arm, she surprisingly answered.

"Yeah I'm fine. Is this Luka person trustworthy?" she kept her eyes closed, breathing ever so quietly.

"Even if he isn't, is there a choice not to trust him? If we leave we'll be walking through a blizzard. I'm sure he's not lying about that," I looked through the window as the last bit of the sun was covered up by dark clouds.

"You're not wrong," she opened her eyes and turned towards the window, her eyes looked drained and empty.

"Stay here, I'm gonna talk with Luka," I stated and Marsia complied with a nod.

I silently turned the doorknob and opened the door, surprised by how creaky it was. I stealthily walked out of the room and down the stairs, Luka was indeed in the living room making a phone call. He sat on a sofa and I creeped up just behind it.

"Yeah I got it. You can get through the blizzard right? Alright then," I heard the phone call end and he walked into the kitchen.

I stood up from my position and walked towards the kitchen. He was cutting up pieces of ham, cheese, bread, other sandwich ingredients. Ingredients for 3.