Epilogue

Chormiya POV

It's been a few years since that battle took place, I'm now 27. Society has named this huge fight between the council, me, Odene, and Enenra, "The Aconite War." Aconite, a flower, meaning hate. They called it this because of the amount of hate was found at the scene.

After I put the spell on Odene, he slowly fizzed away into the air. I don't know where he is now, but he's living his life as another person. Maybe this time he'll experience what it's like to have power, but balanced.

Postbellum, I took myself back to the city and spoke up. They definitely recognized me as the former council leader. Some of them still hated me but some respected me for saving the whole city.

As a high ranking person, and the absence of any council members, I made a new law on my own. The colorless execution rule, is now abolished. The colorless will now be treated like anybody else out there.

Most of them seemed to comply, there was a few murders and homicide made by some colored but most of the city complied. The law reached the other small branch cities too, and like that the law was created.

Although my goal isn't to become council leader again, I needed to be a placeholder. Instead of making those who wants to be a part of the council fight, I wanted to test 3 things.

I thought that council members must be merciful, kind, and civil. If they can't cooperate with multiple people, they can't be a council member. Council members shouldn't be arrogant, egotistical, or anything like that.

Many people signed up of course, when battling is not on the line and instead it's knowledge, there's a lot more contestants. I chose who I thought would be best, and I slowly got to meet all of them. They were everything I wanted.

There was one more change I also added, there's a council seat for a colorless. If Odene was here with me, he'd automatically take that seat but he's not. So, I picked who I thought would be best.

The council leader is still a mixed, but this time, they're much more considerate. I, was a background character in the council. They make all the laws and do all the hard decision making, I'm just here in case we have any fights and problems within the walls.

So I was like an advisor in the the council. We all got along happily but I didn't choose to live in the headquarters with them. I wanted to go back to the dojo and continue the Furoraru legacy. Despite the fact that I've disgraced them all with my former actions, Muzioshi accepts me and his opinion weighs over all.

Taking the job as an advisor gave me a good source of income to rebuild the dojo. If that rival clan still exists and ever strikes again, I'll be at the clan's disposal, they'll never attempt to eradicate us again. With my name being so famous, looks like the Furoraru Clan did make a dent in history.

In order to continue the clan, I'd need a successor or someone to increase the members of the clan. That means, I'd need a child to care for. A child willing to learn the arts and the culture of the Furoraru Clan.

Most people knew of my dojo's location. I've increased the security around the dojo, there's a gate now. In the past, you could just walk onto dojo grounds. Of course, you can't actually get inside of it since we lock the doors in but you could walk into the backyard, the training area, places like that.

Surprisingly, people respected my privacy and didn't usually come to the dojo just for my autograph or some sort. I was planning on going to an adoption center but one stormy night that all changed.

I was doing my nighttime meditation with my kitsune mask on, speaking to Muzioshi telepathically while keeping my head clear. Though after a few minutes I started, there was a loud banging on the gate to my dojo.

"Who could be outside in this weather and at this time?" I took an umbrella from one of the racks and walked outside.

The gravel pathway towards the gate was crunchy and satisfying. Each step made me remember the battle on the amphitheater. Although I should probably be traumatized by that battle, I'm more proud that I survived.

I opened the gate and a young adult, probably 21 years old was trembling in front of me. She had a kid hold her hand, he was probably 8.

"Ma'am what are you doing outside in this cold weather?! Especially with a child! Is something the matter?" I put the umbrella over her and her child, guiding her into the dojo.

"N-No, Miss. Nozomi. You don't need to bring me in the dojo with you, I'd dirty the floorboards," she was crying.

"No, you must come in," I got the two to get in the dojo.

I told them to stay at the genkan as I went to get them towels before they fully set foot in the dojo. They dried themselves and I invited them to sit by the fire with me.

"Okay, so now tell me what's wrong," I poured them a cup of floral tea.

"Well you see Miss. Nozomi, I hate to come to you for this. I, I have a terminal illness, I'll die in a few days. I'll be on my deathbed tomorrow. My husband, he gave me the child, and left me when he found out about my soon to come death. None of my friends can take in my kid Cuzio, and I don't have the heart to put him in the adoption center. Please Miss. Nozomi, take him in and if he causes trouble, I wouldn't mind if you take him to the adoption center," the woman wept, her tears dripping into her tea.

"Miss, I'll do it. I can take him in but won't you have to walk all the way back to your home without an umbrella?" I questioned, the boy was sipping the tea carelessly.

"It's fine, I can survive some rain," she promised.

I ended up forcing her to take one of my umbrellas with her. The mother said her last goodbyes to her child before leaving him with me. To my surprise, he knew a lot about history despite being only 8. He knew especially a lot about my clan.

From that day onwards, he was officially part of the Furoraru Clan. He was pretty fluent in Japanese and everything about him was exactly what I needed from a child. When I started training him, he was eager to start from the beginning to the end. Totally unlike me. I hated my father's trainings, but here I am teaching them to my own kid now.

At some points, he was pretty sad about what happened to his biological mother, which is understandable. So far, he's been a good child for me, he addresses me formally but that's his choice.

Present day, I'm still training him as much as father trained me. I balanced myself between all roles of mine. I worked as an advisor when I could, I taught Cuzio things whenever I had the chance, I spoke to Muzioshi through the kitsune mask whenever I needed advice, everything was pretty amazing.

There are moments where I still wonder where Odene is but I slowly moved on. I kept him locked away in my heart, and continued to live my life happily. I'm sad that Odene isn't experiencing a happy ending while I am, survivor's guilt I guess. Gladiolus flowers means remembrance, that's why I keep one in my hair at all times. It reminds me of Odene, like he's always with me.

A/n - And cut! I'm done with this book officially! Thank you guys for joining me on the journey again, until next time!
Word count - 1344