Withering Blossoms

Chormiya POV

I blinked and when I reopened my eyes, I was back at the battlefield with the stakes punctured in several parts of my body. Enenra was walking away from the amphitheater, I mustn't let him reach the city! Father, Muzioshi, Furoraru Clan, I'll atone I swear!

First lesson, durability. Try and restrict the blood from spilling out, use your light power to slowly disintegrate the stake and heal my wounds. I have to use my eye abilities for this, it'll be my last time I promise.

The stakes slowly disintegrated and my wounds quickly regenerated. I was already out of breath and my eyes hurt like hell. I've overused my abilities, I need to calm the fuck down.

I put my hand out in front of me and started to charge a light beam, but then I remembered my code again. Limit the usage of your eyes, strengthen your usage of the blade.

I closed my eyes and dug deep into my mind. My mind storage, it keeps my most important items. The Sacred Blade of Furoraru included, the scroll too. I pulled the blade out of my mind, and tightened my grip around the handle.

After so many years of me not using a katana, it almost surprised me how light it was. I put my finger near the tip, breaking my skin, blood pouring out. It's that sharp, I smiled.

I untied the kitsune mask from my side, and equipped it to my face. The crystal jewels that covered the eye hole was distracting, but I could still see clearly.

Once I equipped the mask, I felt like reality changed, or shifted. Blue spirits roamed the area in front of me, what is this kitsune mask doing to my eyesight?!

"That mask, it's one of a kind. Those jewels are made with special gems deep inside mountains, I don't know how that street vendor got his hands on them. It lets you see the dead, the passed away, the souls trapped into objects," a deep, old voice came out of nowhere, did it come from the katana?!

"W-What the hell?"

"Do not be alarmed, I'm Muzioshi. Your ancestor that's trapped in this blade you wield. I'm sure your father has told you a lot about me," Muzioshi's voice was way deeper than I expected.

"Well damn, that's, good. I'm sorry for betraying the clan, I'll redeem myself," I apologized.

"You picking up the way of the blade is the best apology I could ask for. I'm here to guide you. This sword, it carries deadly abilities. My first piece of knowledge for you is that this blade has a passive effect. If you strike elegantly enough, each wound you create should sprout roses and flowers. Those flower will release toxins into the enemy's wound, poisoning them slowly. It also prevents regeneration. Though remember, elegance and grace is what you need to kill with the blade, not brutality and thirst," he spoke so anciently, but I complied.

"I understand, I'll do my best," I assured.

"Hey asshole! I want a rematch!" I screamed into the distance, Enenra slowly turning towards me.

"Heh, what the hell is this puny transformation? You put on a dumb little mask and you equip yourself with a mortal weapon and suddenly you have a boost of confidence? It's concerning how blunt you are," Enenra laughed, his tentacles growing bigger and longer.

"Do not disrespect the sacred blade, nor disrespect my culture! I'll wipe that smirk off your face," I breathed in and out, waiting for him to charge at me.