( 10. ) Rhys

OC BY MINTEMOTH

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

NOTES
Dec 25: Editing didn't go well. If you're confused, check the author's note.

WARNINGS

Mentions of various upsetting topics.

Warning chosen by the creator of this oc.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐂

Name: Rhys Heulfryn Maddox [H'/Reese HI-ell-fren Ma-THox], normally referred to by his first name or his surname. He didn't enjoy nicknames -- Rhyssy in particular. Rhys thought his name was just fine without nicknames and discouraged their use.
Unique name, middle name, and last name! Providing a pronunciation was a wise choice, since Rhys's names could be confusing to some people. The fact that Rhys didn't like nicknames is also a cool fact.

Gender: Male

Sexuality: Heterosexual. While Rhys stayed single throughout his life (likely due to an implied insecurity over his height), he made small hints that he preferred women. Even if he stayed single, he didn't mind giving his "nephew" relationship advice all the time -- even when said nephew never asked him at all, which made up a good portion of these conversations.
It's a bit sad that Rhys remained single, though hopefully other aspects of his life fulfilled that.

Status: Rhys is dead. He died in his sleep during the early hours of the 23rd of May, 1955. Even if he's dead as of mid 2023, he is said to have recently left Nowhere And Also Everywhere, and began living a brand new life on Earth...a Duke of Burgundy butterfly puppet simply called Trent.
Again, an interesting status, just like Lael's!

Birthday: The 21st of April, 1880.

Relationship status: He was single, but he seemed to be fine with it; Rhys never made romantic relationships a top priority for himself -- to him, it was just something that was great if it ever happened, but it didn't have to for him to live. It was moreso his family that had a problem with this, even moreso his own mother, although the Maddox family line was known to be "traditional," in the sense that being married and having at least one child (that survived childhood) with a partner of the same species [butterfly/butterfly, firefly/firefly, etc.] was heavily encouraged, in order to continue the bloodline. Having hybrids [butterfly/firefly, etc.] was seen as an extremely risky decision, as these were prone to more health problems. The older he was, the less appealing the idea of being in a relationship sounded; he tried making himself his top priority.
That explains why Rhys chose to stay single. Nice and descriptive explanation too!

Place of birth: Rhys was born/hatched from his egg in a "puppet" town somewhere in Carmarthenshire, a historical county in southwestern Wales located in present day Dyfed, a preserved county, as well as the current day principal area of Carmarthenshire. This town, while far the worst off financially, was largely rural -- not unlike many of the fellow "puppet" towns/villages located in the country of Wales; but this town did have a very small area that looked similar to a city square. Ever since he left the town with his parents, he never went back, and he preferred keeping it that way.
Can't wait to find out why Rhys never chose to come back. Also, good description!

Where they live now: Since his death, Rhys' soul [Rhys + any other past lives put into a single entity] occasionally lived as Rhys Maddox in the afterlife, in the Welsh town in Brecknockshire he moved to early in childhood, where he and Lael first met. Now, as of 2023, Rhys' soul has since decided to move back to Earth and live again, making Rhys (as well as any other past lives) absent for a while.