5: Tartaglia, Childe, Ajax

The days passed, and Zhongli continued to visit the brothel for several days throughout the week. Childe took advantage of the time to sleep mostly, barely maintaining a little conversation with the brunette before stretching out on the couch and closing his eyes. Zhongli seemed to want to keep talking, but he fell silent when he saw that he barely answered due to exhaustion.

Childe was thankful that he was able to take a break, and he ended up getting used to Zhongli waking him up. The fact that he was doing so much for him only increased his feeling of being in debt, but he let it be. He needed those breaks.

Other than that, he could barely earn money. A wave of cold meant that there were hardly any customers, even on the street it was difficult to find someone. The Striptease Bar was the only thing that kept bringing him the same amount of money, but he was running out of enough money to save. He had hardly any profit, and the cost of the light increased, so Ekaterina put more pressure on him. Where was he supposed to get more money from? He could ask for a loan, but then he would have to pay back twice, and that was impossible. Work more? He couldn't get off so many hours of sleep, and he felt that if he did that it would end up even worse than it already was.

He couldn't do anything, he refused to steal, but if he had to, he would do it.

Childe was on his knees in front of a middle-aged man, his hands on his knees as the other's hand tangled in his orange hair, shaking his head violently. He paused for an instant, he could hear his gasp and the intrusion of his mouth hitting his throat. For that was not what he cared about at the time. He could make out the corner of a bill sticking out of his pants pocket, didn't he carry a wallet?

His stomach twisted, was he really going to do it? He turned his gaze from him to the man's face, who seemed to be lost in his own pleasure, shaking his head again, pulling his hair too hard. He removed his hand from his knee, cautiously drawing it closer without looking away from the other, watching that he was not discovered. From the color of the bill he could tell they were one in fifty, how stupid did he have to be to put that in his pocket and not even realize he was in sight? Childe picked up the bill in one swift movement, crumpling it in his hand and tossing it under the bed. The man did not notice. He smiled internally, noticing how the other was about to cum.

"We'll see if you put that expression on when you see that your bill has disappeared."

He pulled away from him when he noticed that he was about to come, the thin layer of latex protecting him from the foreign semen. Childe wiped at the saliva with the back of his hand, glancing at the wall clock.

"Time's up," he said, rising from the ground, the taste of latex having lingered on his tongue. He ignored how the man pulled up his pants after removing the latex, rising from the edge of the bed and walking away without saying much more. At least that was not a charlatan like the other one who had become recurrent (to his misfortune).

When the door closed Childe bolted it, bending down and scooping up the crumpled bill from under the bed. He smiled, not feeling guilty about what he had done. Why would he have to, anyway? The world treated him like shit, he wasn't going to sit idly by forever. He kept the bill, then went to the bathroom to wash his mouth and wash off that unpleasant taste.

Childe continued to steal from customers, who sometimes made things difficult for him because they didn't carry the money so close at hand, but somehow he managed to get away with it. He didn't tell Zhongli anything, naturally. Anyway, the brunette stopped coming so often, sometimes he would spend a whole week without seeing him. Apparently his company was trying to get a bigger company to buy them, or something like that. The point is that they demanded him for more hours, having to spend more time at work. Several times they both fell asleep during the hour and a half, being awakened by the alarm that Zhongli turned on on his cell phone.