25: Mi buen amor

Zhongli slowly opened his eyes, waking up from his dream. He had the feeling that he had slept for a long time, but he felt tired; his eyelids were heavy and a headache he had never experienced made him frown in pain. He met the ceiling of his bedroom, the room completely silent. He turned his head, there was no sign of Childe. He closed his eyes, bringing his hand to his temple, rubbing this part.

His memories of the previous day were blurred and distorted, some gaps hindering the information he needed to understand what had happened to him. Zhongli pushed the blanket off him, sitting up as he gritted his teeth at the throbbing pain in his head, bringing his hand to his forehead.

He wasn't wearing his pajamas, wearing the previous day's clothes. They seemed to be stained. Zhongli frowned, reaching out to sniff his shirt sleeve. He sniffed a bit, instantly recognizing the scent that permeated his clothes, relating his state to the substance.

He had gotten drunk.

Realizing what had happened he remembered his breakup with the redhead, his decision to go to the bar to drown his sorrows... Had he driven drunk? Zhongli sighed, not knowing how to feel himself. He was disappointed in himself for letting himself be carried away by his emotions until he was drunk, but the sadness and confusion for what happened the day before shook him once again; creating the worst possible cocktail for a hangover.

Zhongli yawned, glancing sideways at the empty side of his bed. Childe didn't meet him naturally, and he doubted he would ever be again. Zhongli pursed his lips, averting his gaze as his stomach turned a little. He didn't want to cry again, the day before he had already done that for quite some time.

He slowly got up from the bed, sighing. He felt tired, both physically and mentally. He wanted to continue sleeping even if he was aware that he wouldn't be able to. He slipped his feet into his slippers, walking toward the door. He put his hand around the knob but stopped when he heard voices on the other side. He was able to recognize Venti, along with another person. Thoma?

Zhongli left the bedroom, remembering how Childe had mentioned that he would ask the blond to stay at his house. He walked out into the hall, heading into the living room, where he was met by the other two, who turned to look at him.

"Zhongli, you're awake!" Venti greeted him, smiling a little. The brunette looked at both of them, not knowing what kind of expression he was putting on.

"Good morning," he greeted them, walking into the room. He sat in the free seat, being watched by his friends. It was quite an awkward situation. "What were you talking about?" Venti looked at the blond as if he was encouraging him to speak.

"I'd better leave you guys alone," the musician got up from the couch, leaving Thoma alone. He left the room, closing the door a little behind him.

"I wanted to talk to you," Thoma started to say after a few seconds. Zhongli was silent, waiting for the blond to continue speaking. "Childe is at my house right now, as you may already know," Zhongli was relieved to know that, at least he wouldn't have spent the night on the street. "He told me what happened yesterday at the concert, and well... I've let him stay on one condition; that he go to a professional, a psychologist. Even therapy if that's what he needs," Zhongli's eyes widened in surprise.

"And he has accepted?" He asked, knowing that the answer was obviously yes. Thoma nodded, looking away for a few seconds.

"It's not like he's too excited about it or anything... But I think he's realized it in the situation he's in," Zhongli looked at the emerald eyes, which weren't looking back at him. "Anyway, that wasn't the main thing I wanted to talk to you about, this was just so you would know that he's okay," Zhongli raised an eyebrow, not understanding what he meant by that.