one

The night was anything quite for everyone. It was just the different kind of chaotic for Aryanman, Manik and Nandini while the people were all hyped up and enjoying the wedding and filling the silent atmosphere with happy vibe there was a havoc going on in trio's heart. Aryanman was still in washroom trying to get his act together trying not to shed anymore tears over his unrequited feelings.

Manik was still rooted, fallen on the ground of the roof top, anxiously hitting ground. Anger, sadness, regret was eating him up. He didn't know what to feel what to do, all was left to him was numbness. He found himself so lost at the moment that he wasn't able to comprehend anything. Should he give up? Or should he still hang on to the hope that someday Nandini will find her way back to him?

Conflicts!

Confusions!

He felt like nothing was going right. It was as if hell had decided to throw all problems at him at ones just to mock him and show how helpless and pitiful he was. There downstairs everyone was dancing to songs while singing along, eating different dishes, clicking pictures with bride and groom to remember this moment while Manik just wanted one thing, to forget this moment, to erase it from his memory like it never happened. Like his heart was never broken because of his own mistakes and stupid actions that he was paying for.

Nandini was downstairs trying hard to blend in crowd and look cheerful like anyone should be on a wedding. But she knew she was failing at it, she was just to exhausted and hurt to pretend happy when certainly she wasn't. Her eyes fell on the couple, the bride and groom. Both had their hands entwined as they smiled to each other. Groom whispered something in bride's ear making her break into a fit of giggles while she hit him playfully.

Nandini was envious.

Envious of the couple who found love in each other.

Jealous to the couple who was finally wooing a forever with each other.

Only if she could have that!

Only if it wouldn't have been all about the bet.

That freaking bet!

"You okay?" Nandini almost jumped on her heels as Soha suddenly showed up in front of her while sipping on her cold drink.

"Ermmm... I guess." Nandini so wanted to say and yeah she was indeed alright but her mouth betrayed her though she still didn't exactly say that she was depressed or something but it won't take a genius to know what her words exactly meant. So it was no wonder that Soha got the gist of her unsaid words.

"I heard you and Aryanman broke up." Nandini turned her neck with the speed of lightening at that almost straining it. Surprise was so evident in her wide eyes and her half opened mouth as she tried to say something but words won't come out because she just didn't know what to say or to say anything at all.

"What- how did you?" Nandini asked still an attempt to understand the situation.

"He told me himself. Maybe he just needed to let it out to someone and I just happened to be there." Soha said calmly as she took another sip of her drink.

"How is he?" Nandini questioned feeling guilty for doing that to the boy, her best friend who had been always there for her.

"Hurt. But I guess with time he will get better. How are you? I know you are upset too." Soha asked while her eyes directly looking at Nandini trying to assure that it was okay to let it out, that she won't judge her.

"I am okay- I will be okay." Nandini muttered in a weak voice not sure if she will ever be okay again. Though there would come a time when she would be okay won't there be? She was just hoping for that day, for it to come as quickly as possible.

"Do you think I am bitch?" Nandini interjected while staring at oblivion feeling self loathing under her own skin.

"Nandini, I just don't want you to feel guilty for breaking up with Aryanman. It was the right thing to do it would have hurt him more to know  later. And about Manik then that's all upto you I only know one thing that I have never seen him look at any girl like he looks at you. Forgiving, punishing him, avoiding him or parting ways that's all upto you. I am no one to have a say in that. That's you decision and I believe you won't make a bad choice to regret later. " Soha tried to comfort her while also trying to convey how much Manik loved her.

After all Soha knew her best friend to know how whipped and sincere his feelings were, she just wanted a second chance for her best friend but she wasn't going to force it on Nandini, she left it to her. She just wanted to make it clear for Nandini so she could know about it. That's all.

"Hmmm. But is love enough? He played with my feelings and all that for the bet." Nandini mumbled while containing her ready to spill sobs.

"What... That ducking idiot do all that for a bet." Soha literally felt like face-palming. She knew Manik was a trouble maker, taking up useless challenges but this time he seriously shook her. Soha had no idea about it. She just knew that Nandini and Manik shared some kind of history.

"That's why you have every right to chop off his D. And I will gladly be your partner in crime." Soha chided while fuming in anger. Though she was sure that even if his feelings were true now and the bet was only something that brought Nandini and him close but still that fact was absurd.

"Hahaha. Soha you are really nice. After talking to you I really am feeling a bit better." Nandini said while genuinely laughing at Soha's plan of cutting you know what. Her heart still aches but having someone to share it with indeed made it less of a burden which had been weighing her down.

"Awww! Stop flattering me." Soha smiled while taking Nandini in a surprise hug which she gladly reincorporated the hug. Nandini was thankful if not for Soha and Aryanman she didn't know how she would have got through this whole wedding thing.

Manik had come down and he felt a little relieved when he saw Nandini smile with Soha. He thought it was fortunate to have a friend like Soha at such a moment he realized how precious friends he had always have.

It was as if his eyes were glued at Nandini. He couldn't help it but adore the way her lips were carved up into a smile that he had been dying to be the reason of. All he was wishing on a star was to get another chance. He wanted to amend his mistakes. He wanted second chance. Second chance at love.

+ + +

Hehehe so guys here is the very FIRST chapter of SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE hope you guys will like it.

I want to really thank you all for showering THE BET with so much love. It really means a lot to me never have I ever thought that my story will get this much love. I had started writing having any thought of it getting such a good response. You guys, I love you all. Thanks for supporting THE BET I just hope you will like my other works too.