five

Minutes later the door was opened. Nandini raised her head to get a glimpse of the person who stepped out. The person was definitely not very young but not too old either. His hair black and body well maintained even at his age was something quite commendable and he had that dominating aura surrounding him.

Nandini didn't know who he was but whoever he was  sure Manik didn't give a damn about it and it was so obvious by the way he had seethed those words. But it was not her matter, she had decided to not involve herself in his shit so she stopped dwelling over whatever just happened right now and walked inside the room like nothing happened.

Nandini flinched when the said person slammed the door mercilessly. He was in a foul mood and maybe upset too. She couldn't pinpoint. She stared at his back until his figure was disappeared in the corridors and she couldn't see anything after that expect the empty benches.

She gulped down in fear, afraid to face what led behind those now shut doors, Manik. Was he still fuming in anger? Had he calmed down yet? But Nandini didn't have any superpowers to know that, she wasn't a mind reader or anything so like any normal human a sigh left her lips. As there was no other way to know but go inside.

Knock

Knock

Knock...!!

"Who the fuck is there!! I am not up for any shit right now so just get lost until or unless you freaking want your eye balls to be served in a soup..." Nandini heard him from the other side. Manik was pissed. She was about to leave as she decided not to bother about that narcissistic jerk anymore who was injured yet his audacity to stomp all over anyone and be rude. Nandini decided not to be that anyone. So she turned around with frustration exploding in her body.

Only if one murder was forgiven.

Nandini knew all too well that if Navya was here then she surely would have smacked his head and knocked some sense into his pea sized brain. But he seemed to have sheer luck as Navya wasn't here but then Soha could have whopped his ass too which got Nandini thinking as to how Manik got so angry and why she couldn't hear Soha's voice from inside. Was she not there? But she was before Nandini had left for canteen but then again who knew what happened in that span of time.

Navya knew her best friend like back of her hand so she had an idea that all that nice human was anything but bull crap and had asked Nandini to come back quickly. But Nandini promised that she would be quick and attempted to assure Navya. Lastly Navya had given up in front of her ever so stubborn best friend besides she didn't want to get fired so she could waste time and get caught talking on phone during working hour. But it was annoying for Navya that-

That her silly best friend was never able to make up her mind about him, about Manik.

It was frustrating, it was disappointing, but she was helpless.

After all she gave her heart away to that very guy once.

Still she was way stronger than earlier, not being the emotional mess and let her walls crumble completely.

But there were slight cracks.

Making her heart waver a little every now and then over him.

Nandini's feet halted when she heard his muffled sulking. It was so silent that she would have missed it if she wouldn't have been standing so close to the door. Earlier she had decided to let him starve but now she was questioning her decision. Nandini felt bad, she couldn't be that cold to anyone. So she decided cut him some slacks, she entered inside the room but not before taking few deep breathes to prepare herself just in case she will be faced with flying equipments thrown at her way.