ten

Whenever the plane would about to take off or land her stomach would start to turn into twists and she would feel uneasy as an unsettling fear would start to creep up to her heart making her unconsciously ball her fists or hold on to something and this time that something happened to be the guy she hated with passion but ironically he was the one right now who made her feel safe, who became her anchor.

Manik was quick to catch on the moment of panic Nandini was having so without uttering a word he just intertwined the hand Nandini was hold and started to rub soft circles at the back of her hand while whispering its okay and I am here every now and then which somehow actually made Nandini calm as she felt assured and her body relaxed under his touch.

"I am really sor-" Nandini didn't get to finish her sentence as Manik interrupted her in between.

"It's okay." Manik replied with a slight smile trying to assure her in some way.

"Ermm.. Now you can let go of my hand." Nandini uttered as he was still holding her hand in a tight grip while she tried to take it out as they were finally in the air so she wasn't feeling uneasy anymore.

She had no other option but to ask him to let go with her face turned side ways in an attempt to avert her gaze because she didn't have the courage to meet his eyes moreover she didn't want to let him see his tinted red cheeks. She knew she must be giving a tough competion to a tomato at the moment.

"Oh right." Manik scratched back of his neck slightly embarrassed at himself but if he das being honest then the poor boy just didn't want to let her hand go, if possible then in fact he would like to keep her in his pocket so she would never be away from him. Granted there was no such technology, how sad.

"Wait what's that?" Nandini questioned when she felt a tug at the sleeve of her top, now her eyes on Manik.

That's when she saw it. The all too familiar bracelet which she had literally had forgotten about because of all the chaos going in her life which won't give her rest instead would mercilessly throw one problem after another at her. But right now in the quietness that had engulfed them, she could see the bracelet stuck in her sleeve in the process of Manik trying to retreat his hand.

It was the same bracelet.

Same freaking bracelet that she had bought for him on his birthday.

Her eyes were drilling holes at the sight of the bracelet as she still couldn't believe if it was the same bracelet Manik was wearing. She was confused if she had lost her mind to the point of hallucinating because she was damn sure that she didn't give it to him as she was very busy in yelling at him with her tear stricken face and then lastly storming out of the roof top. Sure she didn't have time nor heart to give that stupid bracelet to that asshat back then.

"What?" Manik pretended to be clueless as he had no idea how to tell her that he had found it laying on the ground when Nandini had rushed out hurriedly or to tell her that then Aryaman had beat the shit out of him. And well had took away the bracelet too because apparently he was undeserving, even though it was a hurting comment still he knew it was somewhere true. Nonetheless he had been paying for it for a long time and he had been trying to make it upto it and maybe Aryaman knew it too.

Because a few days ago he dropped by his office building and gave a box to receptionist under Manik's name and to his shock when he opened the box he found the bracelet that Nandini had bought for him along with the note which was more of a warning letter stating - ' you better don't let me take it back, again. And of course you won't love a huge ass purple buries on that pretty face of yours, now will you! And yeah good luck solider you have a hard battle ahead.' it was a difficult choice for Manik to take it as a threat or good luck note.

At least he got someone to cheer on him.

But that was the last thing on his mind because right now Nandini's prying eyes were looking at him suspiciously waiting for his answer while his mind was running to come up with something because truth was just too twisted, weird and embarrassing to tell and not to forget that it might make her feel awkward so he decided to act like it was a normal bracelet.

"A bracelet duh! Don't you know." Manik said trying to put it off as a joke.

"I can see that. But how do you have this?" Nandini pestered him again.

"Because I bought it. Now if you will excuse me I am in grave need of sleep." with that Manik didn't bother to wait for her to say anything else because his knew she would ask another question which he wasn't prepared for so he just closed his eyes and acted as if he was sleeping.

"This idiot. I don't believe him." Nandini muttered under her breath and raised her hand to knock some sense into him but gulping down her anger she closed her eyes too. Because well she was pissed off but she couldn't do anything about it but just wait for the plane to land soon so that she could kill the said moron and bury his body in a California beach, indeed a romantic death to die.

The rest of the flight was went in a blur as both of them were so exhausted that sleep had took over them the moment they had closed their eyes. Manik was the first one to wake up at the announcement of the plane landing. He was really excited for this business trip because he wanted to resolve his personal business too during these five days.

+ + +

So here is another update. Hope now the bracelet mystery solves, yeah. Hehe anyway any thoughts about the update? I love reading to your comments and reply them seriously so much that's like my engery boost. Enjoy.